Notices

accord ex coupe or nissan altima 2.5s?

Old 07-09-2003, 04:28 AM
WarptEra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

accord ownz altima.

I went to the nissan dealership, took one sit inside the altima and left without test driving it. I thought the interior was weirdly designed and used cheap plastics.

besides, the accord has more power, reliability, style, and fuel consumption. Nissan has been over stating their hp #'s.

-w
Old 07-09-2003, 05:29 AM
vaDave

I payed $19,400 for my Accord EX AT back in February before I traded it in for my 6-Speed. It was a fun car to drive and had some decent "go." From my general understanding the 4-banger is also slightly underrated from it's documented hp/tq numbers, not overrated, which seems to be the case w/ some Nissans. If I were you I'd go for the Accord EX-L 5-Speed. It should be around the same price as the Auto-EX. IMO, the Accord has the best combination of near-luxury features, utility, and performance out of any car on the road right now.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:41 PM
NightRider79

The NEW MAXIMA is sick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fnb.jpg (72.2 KB, 373 views)
Old 07-09-2003, 12:51 PM
dboy619

Originally posted by Shifty_Rick
Don't rule out the LX V6.
:werd:

If you get the Accord, you gotta go V6... Aside from the factory 4x4 look of all the 03 accords the car is great...
Old 07-09-2003, 01:52 PM
ucool80

dont forget that the accord will hold its resale value better than the altima. Also you could probably get an LXv6 if you dont care for leather or sunroof for just a little bit more than the altima 2.5s, correct me if im wrong.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:58 PM
neo452

The accord has better durability and resale value but the Altima 4 and 6 cylinder engines have greater horsepower than their honda counterparts. The altima v6 engine is the same as the maxima detuned like 10hp. Both interiors are plastic in the range you are looking. goto edmunds.com and read consumer reviews of each car to help your decision.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:18 PM
ItsaHonda

Pretty much agree with everyone, If I were you, I'd go with the Accord hands down. The Altima doesnt have the refinement, sophistication and overall quality that Hondas enjoy. During my test drive in an 02 Altima, I found the ride to be very quiet/smooth and acceleration was adequate. Overall, a decent mid-size family sedan. When I test drove the 03 Accord, I felt like I was inside of a Lexus. Excellent fit and finish, seats are among the most comfortable I have ever sat in, and I was surrounded by luxury usually reserved for much higher end automobiles. The 160 hp inline 4 had the acceleration of a small V6, and was surprisingly quiet and smooth. The cabin was nearly silent. IMO, there is no other car out there in the Accords pricerange that can touch it. And when you sign the dotten line, you take home a car that will give you many years of trouble free driving.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:25 PM
ItsaHonda

Almost forgot, choosing between the 4 and 6-cylinder engine, almost everyone will recommend the 6 for its 240 horses, but when buying a Honda, I always go with the 4-cylinder engines. IMO Hondas 4-cylinders are among the most reliable in the industry, and I have found them to have better long-term reliability than the V6s.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:20 PM
cjamie

Refinement & sophistication in Accord? Nah, I go with the Nissan V6. Nissan V6 is much more refned than the Accord 4 bannger. You can get v6 in Nissan for the price of 4 cyl Accord. Accord is not that much better than Altima in terms of interior quality.

Don't flatter yourself, Accord is no where near Lexus for interior; not even TSX is very close to the detail, craftsmanship and material of Lexus. Research after research I have determined that w/o going to the extreme, only Audi has better interior quality than Lexus, even BMW or Mercedes are just on par if not inferior.

At the same time, I have to agree that honda 4 might be most reliable but by far it is not the most refined 4 cyl engine. The engine is noisy and powerband is rather weired. When the incapable engine is mated w/ one of the most harsh automatic transmission... There are hints of luxury in Accord, but there is nothing luxury about Accord. For the price, Accord is a very good car; however if you are willing to put down another 5K~7K, you will be surprised how much more material quality, creaftsmanship and refinement you can buy. Altima compares well with Accord, however Accord compares poorly w/ Lexus.

Also, have you guys considered the additional weight placed at the front of the car of the V6 makes Accord less fun to drive? In today's car market, there is no resale value for used cars anyway, I truly think it is foolish to place much weight on the resale value as a consideration factor.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:50 PM
black19

altima