Notices

Greddy or DC sport HEADER?? HP??

Old 03-24-2003, 10:44 AM
Micalx01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy or DC sport HEADER?? HP??

Hi guys,
Anyone knows how many horses does greddy header produce in 96' accord ex? how about DC-sport header?
which one do you prefer performance wise?
Or somebody outhere knows about cusco header, mugen header or any other JDM header for 94-97 accord ex? performance?? price? where to buy? any info will be very helpful, thanks!!

Wickz
Old 03-24-2003, 10:55 AM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

Default Re: Greddy or DC sport HEADER?? HP??

Originally posted by Micalx01
Hi guys,
Anyone knows how many horses does greddy header produce in 96' accord ex? how about DC-sport header?
which one do you prefer performance wise?
Or somebody outhere knows about cusco header, mugen header or any other JDM header for 94-97 accord ex? performance?? price? where to buy? any info will be very helpful, thanks!!

Wickz

I have the DC sport headers and I love them. I got the ceramic kind, I got them for 280.00. I felt a better throttle response and It delivers in mid-high range RPM's.

IM not sure about greddy but Mugen and JDM headers wont fit on our F22B1's and F22B2's. If you have a DOHC Vtec H22 Or F20B you will be able to get Mugen and JDM headers...
Old 03-24-2003, 11:24 AM
Micalx01

Default Re: Re: Greddy or DC sport HEADER?? HP??

Originally posted by 96JdmAccord
I have the DC sport headers and I love them. I got the ceramic kind, I got them for 280.00. I felt a better throttle response and It delivers in mid-high range RPM's.

IM not sure about greddy but Mugen and JDM headers wont fit on our F22B1's and F22B2's. If you have a DOHC Vtec H22 Or F20B you will be able to get Mugen and JDM headers...

do you know how much HP does your DC sport produce?

I saw both mugen and cusco header before on F22B at an import show. that's why I want to know more about them. thx for your input
Old 03-24-2003, 11:56 AM
AadosX

I think a header on this engine at the wheel only gives you about a 2-3 hp gain over the EX Accord exhaust manifold, cause its already a pretty nice one. But over the LX/DX you may get more like 8. As far as brand, andy good brand will be the same as far as reliability/performance, i.e. GReddy, DC Sports, etc.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:38 PM
decibel_dj

for our cars i havent seen many options that were really worth looking into the mugen is made for our f-series engine not sure what u say so i cant comment but the DC one is the best u can get the overall gains are really small over all but at different points in the power band it raises above the 2-4 peak gain. so teh DC are carb. exempt so if ur in a mod crazy state u wont have any worries about taking it out for inspections or a cop giving u a fix it ticket... personally get the stainless steel (SS) ova the ceramic coating (CC)
Old 03-25-2003, 04:45 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Greddy, cause it's full SS including the flanges unlike DC. it also has larger primaries too.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:55 AM
honda530
www.HondaShowOff.com

getting just the header wont make much of a difference until you get the inake, and exhaust. All three pieces work as a team and you will see the best gains with all 3 of them. I happen to have a chikara tork step header wrapped and I love it. Its been over a year and no problems. But hey people like brand names a lot. which is cool, but there are others besides Dc and Greddy.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:10 PM
Illicit Accord

yea from what i've heard, its gotta be the DC sports all the way. I've got them on my 94 accord lx, and i can feel the hp difference. i've heard greddy is also good, but i stuck with DC cause i heard more about them......

iLLiCiT
Old 03-25-2003, 11:55 PM
DeLiRiOuS

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
Greddy, cause it's full SS including the flanges unlike DC. it also has larger primaries too.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:06 AM
decibel_dj

the greddy one isnt carb expempt though right?
i stuck with the DC cuz at the time theirs was the only Carb exempt one on the market