Notices

Greddy or DC sport HEADER?? HP??

Old 03-27-2003, 03:24 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SWOOSHER21
greddy is carb legal, and like the others said, it really doesnt matter. i love the greddy, full SS, and looks great when it starts to change color from the heat.

i had pic of the carb exempt sticker but i deleted it a few days ago.
i wish mine still looked nice, this harsh winter took it toll on them. is their something i can get to polish or clean them som they look nice again?
Old 03-27-2003, 05:26 AM
92lx

either way, if I recall correctly an article in SCC noted only a fractional hp increase, however it was the last mod they did...but that's a fractional hp increase at PEAK. Now, in the lower ranges it added 4-5hp if I remember correctly all the way across the low end.....They tested the DC I believe. Either one will perform the same I think, preference is the only thing that comes into play after that.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:38 AM
decibel_dj

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
my greddy header for the h22 is carb exempt. it even comes with a sticker for it too along with the metal plate on the primary.
like u said for the "H22" not the F22/F23 thats a big difference
Old 03-27-2003, 05:40 AM
decibel_dj

Originally posted by souljad9
Who cares if it's carb exempt, you live in NY, not cali. CARB only matters in california.
it matters more in cali doesnt mean it dont matter else where. regardless we can always have our inspection ran on another car if we pay more and go to the right spots. at the time when i had to worry i had to take my car to DMV to get inspected so every little thing was under the nife so having the carb #'s right there on my intake, headers and exhaust (b4 i went straight pipe) really helped when they ran my car
Old 03-29-2003, 07:18 PM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

i did a stainless vs. ceramic search and couldn't really find any information supporting which may be the better purchase performance wise. any ideas? i heard that the ss get super hot. would that effect performance in any way?
Old 03-29-2003, 08:14 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

Originally posted by 99accord
i did a stainless vs. ceramic search and couldn't really find any information supporting which may be the better purchase performance wise. any ideas? i heard that the ss get super hot. would that effect performance in any way?
SS does get really hot. As for affecting performance, some people claim it does, i dont really buy into it

I have the SS because I live in new england and the ceramic would crack after a while. If you live in southern california or a place where theres not a lot of temperature variation, ceramic will be fine, and cheaper too.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:05 AM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

i'll get a ceramic then... thanks...!