Notices

ingals camber kit question???

Old 06-20-2002, 07:24 PM
dhave3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ingals camber kit question???

i installed my ingals front camber kits last week. but i have a problem, i dont know what you call it but i think its the control arm, anyway my front driver side tire is almost straight but my front passneger tire have more negative camber just by looking at it, i can still try to straighten it but the control arm thingy is rubbing the metal already and i tried making it staright but when i put the car down, the car wont go down all the way coz of that control arm thingy is hitting the fender inside, am i making any sense?

i called my brother in law and he told me to use a metal bat to bend the fender? does that makes sense? anyway what do you guys think i should do.

oh yeah i have 215/45/17 tires and rims, if that helps.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:01 PM
xtcracer96

it sounds like youre having problems with the control arm hitting the fender wells, im not sure how rolling the fenders would help unless your tires are rubbing also. youre going to have to bang out fender well a little. a body or suspension shop should be able to do it.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:24 PM
dhave3

i dont have a problem with my tires, my tires are not hitting the fender at all.

the control arm is hitting the inner fender thats my problem. the only way the control arm wont hit my inner fender is if i put my tires in negative camber, probably negative three or something.

can someone help me out. pls. thanks.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:27 PM
dhave3

xtcracer96, sorry i didnt see your post when i replied, but yes thats the problem i dont know what to do.
Old 06-22-2002, 06:39 PM
dhave3

Originally posted by EliteAccord

Roll your fenders. I posted a link on how to do it.
like i said my tires are not hittng anything right now. my problem is the control arm hitting the inner fender.

like i said xtcracer96 knows what im talking about.
Old 06-22-2002, 08:08 PM
GrooveMaster

I think he means use a bat or broomstick to roll the area that is being obstructed. Or a mallet, or rubber hammer. Just get that SH*T down! (I should know, I still get nosebleeds on long trips)
Old 06-22-2002, 09:02 PM
xtcracer96

haha i just had my camber kit put in today and i have the same problem on all 4. it sounds like im killing my car when i drive, so ill be doing little or none till i get it aligned on tues. have you had youres aligned yet. if not, when you go to do that lower it to the hieght you want to keep for a while, let them adjust the camber accordingly, it doesnt need to be perfect. negative 1 degree or so is perfectly normal. at that time youll know if you have to bang out some fender or not, and if its a quality shop, they should be able to handle that too. tell me how it works out.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:10 PM
knight akkord

I have the problem on my upper control arm slides back and forth causing a clicking noise when braking and turning, similar to CV joint problem. I checked other forums and they suggest for me to use grease or get a camber bushing kit (rubber or urethane). I"m not sure what to do, i have the ingalls kit. the alignment is straight, but the messed up sound sucks! any more suggestions?