Notices

Converting a 90 Accord DX Auto to Manual transmission

Old 01-09-2003, 11:05 PM
johnbNvilma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting a 90 Accord DX Auto to Manual transmission

sup people... i own a 1990 honda accord dx, and its currently an automatic transmission... i've been wanting to do the conversion to stick, for a while now, but i dont know a damn thing as far as what im gonna need, and how much it cost, what i need to replace, etc... i dont want them mechanics to fu** me over since i dont know s**t about it... can someone tell me more less, what im going to need to do to make it a manual, the cost, etc? thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:00 PM
90AccordEX4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhhhh daniel san, another tranny conversion! I can tell you all about it since I did mine myself (2 years ago). The hardest part is relocating the tranny mount bracket (this means cutting and welding) to accept the manual tranny. Other than that it is pretty straightforward actually. Many parts are needed (try a salvage yard for a wrecked 1990 5-Speed), and a lot of time. FYI, you do not need a new ECU, and it takes some wiring to get the cruise control to work again. It cost me just over $600 in parts to do mine... good luck and happy shifting!! p.s., get a lightened flywheel while you're at it!!!!