Notices

Anyone know how to put heated mirrors on a 2000 accord?

Old 12-15-2008, 09:07 AM
edhogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how to put heated mirrors on a 2000 accord?

I bought some Burco heated mirrors to put on my 2000 accord DX manual mirrors and everything else. I don't have heated mirros now but it would be nice to have them. Can I just run a pair of jumper wires to the rear defroster switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Tedmond

well swap in your heated mirrors first. wiring is simple. there should be 2 or 3 wires. i have seen both types

type 1 (2 wires) one is negative and the other is positive switched via defroster OR ignition through a switch so it will only heat during winter
type 2 (3 wires) one negative, one positive, one is the jumper selectable trigger. with the trigger you can allow a negative pulse or posiive pulse to actuvate heated mirrors.

most are type 1 and if its type one. you will look for a YELLOW/WHITE (neg trigger) for rear defrost. this is a 10 minute trigger.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:44 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy if you bought a kit it will come with instructions wireing ,switches to hook it up but it's just 2 wires on the mirror one is ground and the other is power, I installed heated mirrors on my 94 but I went the retrofit route as it all looks OEM..
Old 12-27-2008, 06:15 PM
edhogg

thanks guys I will try to get them installed tomorrow