Notices

cold air intakes for $60?

Old 12-16-2002, 06:15 PM
LocaL raCer
R.I.P. Kato-san

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by aZnjCC
in cali we have to pass a visual along with the smog. so if you have a generic with no carb sticker...ur **** outta luck.
:werd:
Old 12-16-2002, 06:33 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

IT kinda is weird that they cost so much when you would think they are all the same.But AEM, Iceman, Injen pull off the dyno runs with good results. I wouldent car if the intake was the worst looking thing ever, as long as I get good results from it. Its on my ride.......
Old 12-16-2002, 07:33 PM
I Like JDM
JDM Spec Tuner

Originally posted by 4Gen4DoorAccord
hahaha thats the biggest bull**** i have ever heard, most of my friends have the generic intake and they all have passes smog with it. Where did you pull that one out of, your ass?
ok, atleast in cali you won't pass with a generic intake. :fawk: :madfawk:
Old 12-16-2002, 07:34 PM
4Gen4DoorAccord
I love rice...w/ teriyaki

well i dont live in cali, so o the **** well
Old 12-16-2002, 09:20 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by 96JdmAccord
IT kinda is weird that they cost so much when you would think they are all the same.But AEM, Iceman, Injen pull off the dyno runs with good results. I wouldent car if the intake was the worst looking thing ever, as long as I get good results from it. Its on my ride.......
where do you get your facts? on both the AEM and Iceman website they have their horsepower gain claims, however neither site posts dyno results. what you are paying for is the name, nothing more. i've had an AEM intake and a generic. i tell you from first hand experience that the AEM intake(which most people consider the best:rolleyes) gave the exact same gain that the generic one did. coincidence? nope, a CAI is a CAI is a CAI.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:51 AM
b's94accord
stock owns you

so I am assuming from some of your responses that most of you would go ahead and get the "cheaper" intake? I do like the idea of getting the cheaper intake and putting the k&n filter on it though. :thumbup:
Old 12-17-2002, 09:17 AM
v4lu3s

if the brand is CP Performance...its got CARB #s...and is as good as the AEM for much less than the AEM
Old 12-17-2002, 02:32 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

Originally posted by /^Blackmagik^\
where do you get your facts? on both the AEM and Iceman website they have their horsepower gain claims, however neither site posts dyno results. what you are paying for is the name, nothing more. i've had an AEM intake and a generic. i tell you from first hand experience that the AEM intake(which most people consider the best:rolleyes) gave the exact same gain that the generic one did. coincidence? nope, a CAI is a CAI is a CAI.

I have had a Short-Ram Intake and my Aem CAI pulls a lot better then the short-ram did. But, since the hot air is being sucked into the intake from the engine I guess it doesent really count. But I have seen dyno sheets before, Friends,Magz, sites. And From what I saw Aem gave the most HP. I know that the HP differ's from cars. But So far it has done me well, And I dont want to sit here and argue because we all have our own likes and dis-likes.....
Old 12-17-2002, 03:56 PM
brads94accord

my generic came in the mail today i slapped it on in about 10 minutes cause i had to get ready for a job interview. i love it, it feels like it has more power than my old filter on the stock pipe on the buttdyno. it pulls a little bit harder in the upper rpm's too. im gonna tomorrow and get that heat shield filter from my friend.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:24 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by 96JdmAccord
I have had a Short-Ram Intake and my Aem CAI pulls a lot better then the short-ram did. But, since the hot air is being sucked into the intake from the engine I guess it doesent really count. But I have seen dyno sheets before, Friends,Magz, sites. And From what I saw Aem gave the most HP. I know that the HP differ's from cars. But So far it has done me well, And I dont want to sit here and argue because we all have our own likes and dis-likes.....
true enough... you're always gonna get gains when you go from a short ram to a CAI just because of the cooler air.