Notices

Apexi exhaust question

Old 12-10-2002, 01:14 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi exhaust question

Does anyone know if the rear section of other Apexi cat-back systems would bolt in place of my WS rear section? No one around here can afford Apexi exhausts, so I have no way of comparing...

I am not sure, but are all Apexi cat-backs for 5th gen accords 3 pieces? I kind of want to find a Dunk rear section to put in place of my WS... and I dont want to cut anything... just have it bolt in place... so if I want to put the WS back on, I can easily.

thanks
Old 12-11-2002, 03:27 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

I don't think they make rear sections, so you would have to find it used. I don't think they even make the dunk cat-back anymore.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:41 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

yeah, I was planning on finding it used. MY WS is 3 pieces... where the stock exhaust was 2 pieces (after the cat), so even if they did make rear sections, made to bolt up to the stock exhaust, it wouldnt fit because the flanges on my WS are in different places than the stock system.

I just really want to see how much louder it is... my car sounds almost stock... something a tad louder would be nice... but then again, I dont want to attract cops, which is why I got the WS.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:09 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

How old is your WS? If it's in good shape, sell it. I may be interested.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:38 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

its only like 4 months old... I would sell it, but I would kind of like the option of changing the mufflers back and forth... so if I decide its too loud, I can go back.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:12 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
its only like 4 months old... I would sell it, but I would kind of like the option of changing the mufflers back and forth... so if I decide its too loud, I can go back.
Yeah, I guess just do some more searches on these Honda boards for exhuasts that are little louder than WS and try to make a good decision from that.

IMO, I think if you go with something like the GReddy Evo you would probably be happy. I never hear of any complaints about them except tip size.

If you sell it let me know though