Notices

Spark plugs flooded with oil

Old 12-02-2002, 09:47 PM
BenB
Must stay awake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark plugs flooded with oil

Probably happened from when I painted the valve cover earlier this year. Last night I spotted the problem, and soaked it up with paper towels .. And I didn't remove the spark plugs, fearing the oil would drop down further and be harder to clean, or cause a bigger problem. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, what did you do? Probably the same thing..I can't think of anything else to do.

Tonight it is hesitating when I punch the gas, so I assume its back.

I want to check it again, but not until I get new wires, plugs, and valve gasket. Because when I pull the wires out from the plugs, it'll break the seal and the spark plug will be covered in oil again.

So, I want to get some really good wires. 10mm, or at least 8mm ..And some good plugs. I have a 96 accord sedan, 4cyl.

Oh and since I talked about it, here is the valve cover I did.

Old 12-02-2002, 09:54 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

hmmm ... you're not the only one who had this problem. someone in the basement posted about soaked plugs yesterday. search in there and see what he did to fix it.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:54 PM
ASIMO

The little "ring" gaskets the go around the hols where the plugs go may need to be changed.

You need to remove the plugs dont worry about the oil goign into the pistons. it wont hurt it it will smoke just a little when you start it. clean or change the plugs.

that will 99% fix the problem.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:34 PM
BenB
Must stay awake

Originally posted by ASIMO
The little "ring" gaskets the go around the hols where the plugs go may need to be changed.

You need to remove the plugs dont worry about the oil goign into the pistons. it wont hurt it it will smoke just a little when you start it. clean or change the plugs.

that will 99% fix the problem.
Okay cool, tomorrow if I get time I'll fix it
Old 12-05-2002, 12:49 AM
BenB
Must stay awake

Everything is cool now. My wires were messed up, the 2nd one kept popping out of the engine after a couple of minutes of driving so it was only running on 3plugs, giving me the hesitation. I picked up some magnacore wires, and it did the trick..they are nice too :thumbup:

I've never heard of wires popping out of the valve cover..but it happended to me.