Notices

How hard is too hard.........

Old 11-28-2002, 05:13 PM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard is too hard.........

This may sound like a stupid question, but i was just wondering how strong the suspension unit is. I'm not the type of person that beats the hell out of my car, but at times I feel like driving my accord a little hard. When taking corners, how hard is too hard? I'm always afraid something will snap (control arm, axle, ........) if I take a corner too hard. I guess I'm just really paranoid. If anyone has any explanation or idea of what the suspension can handle, just let me know. Thanks.

By the way, i have Apex-i WS full coilovers and Eibach Camber kit if you didn't read the sig.
Old 11-28-2002, 06:22 PM
brads94accord

i don't think you need to worry about breaking anything cornering hard unless you run off the road and wreck your car while turning.
Old 11-28-2002, 10:33 PM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

stiffen up the body... big difference in cornering... it's probably the body fllex that's scaring you
Old 11-28-2002, 11:34 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

Just as long as you don't spin out and your tire or wheel snags on a hole at the same time, then you'll be fine. You have a good suspension setup, but some shocks would be nice too. As for your camber kit, just be sure that they tightened the joint correctly and tightly, because you don't want that slipping.

Usually turns are never too tight. even when you're sliding. actually, the actual sliding is probably less stress on the suspension than pulling a hard turn almost breaking into a slide, which is what your car's still made for. don't worry about it. hondas are reliable.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:57 PM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

thanks for the info. gives me a little comfort. i will check my camber kit to make sure that it is tight b/c i dont want to worry about my alignment.

JonHsiung - i can't get shocks, i have full coilovers.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:54 PM
b00gers

you are fine. just dont hit a curb or anything. you will wear out the tires quicker if you do it at every corner or whatever.

i like to take turns quick sometimes...just like to wake myself up and try to see the limit of my car.