Notices

Accord Headers

Old 11-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: haha, i attacked you...what a cry baby....

Originally posted by wesleypipes1338
lets just take a look back and see your complete and utter misguided info.......come on, take my hand....
you want to hold my hand? :tfg:

removing the heat shield is not going to drastically heat up the engine bay, the shield is a thin ass piece of metal, that is their for what? mostly cosmetic reasons. if you can give me actual proof, that performance will suffer sooo greatly, enlighten us great one. how is a heat shield being removed going to slow down exhaust gasses? its not.
30 degrees minimum isn't a drastic change? the shield keeps the heat from radiating into the rest of the engine bay. it's not just there for aesthetics.

[b]
duh! you need to buy a header to increase performance, b/c the factory unit is a piece of ish! 4-2-1 design or not, its plain garbage. its made for reliability, not performance, its a freakin accord. [b]
this one takes the cake. this just makes it that much more obvious that you know absolutely nothing and are ranting just to hear yourself rant. i wouldn't say that the stock manifold is made for reliability, but more for convenience. it's a lot cheaper to mass produce a chunk of cast iron than it is to produce stainless steel, or steel in general.

of course the "manifold" has alot of back pressure, the I.D. is soo small, and NO, they do not share the same primaries. the gasses would get all screwed up, and even more of it would get sucked back into the chamber. even if the primaries are the same length, you will still have back pressure, cars need a certain amount of it, you cant have zero back pressure.
teach us oh misguided one cars do not need a certain amount of backpressure. whoever told you that has not a clue. it's true that you can't have zero backpressure, but that's only because you need at least a header or manifold to keep your exhaust valves from warping from heating and cooling quickly, not because the engine "needs" backpressure.

and what the he ll is this?? like i said before, there is alot of back pressure b/c it is stock, not b/c its a "manifold".
ignorance is bliss.....

nothing i havent said already, just shows your retarded.
if the truth hurts, its gonna hit you right in the face.
where did you say any of that? i think you're suffereing from delusions of grandeur chief. it's understandable that you're having trouble coming to terms with being a moron, but it seems that it's something you've been dealing with all your life. i'd think you'd have learned to deal with it by now.

this post actually makes some sense, but tell me, if i get my stock "manifold" honed, is it still a "manifold" or a header? it will be more free flowing!
boohoo, are those insults? so if your not ignorant or stupid wtf are you?!
well, i'm not ignorant or stupid, but i am correct. which is more than i can say for any of the feces you've spouted on this thread.

haha, so far its been fact?? yeah right you talk ish about your hs days, arent you doing the same thing? sounds like it to me. i guess your the one with the problem.
well that about wraps it up, but.....
1. just what makes a exhaust manifold differ from a header? they start with four ports(yes blackmagic, four, not one), then depending on the design it goes to a collector, and combines into two pipes, then into one, or just right into one pipe. funny, they sure sound the same to me.
99accord-you sooo went into left field with that, no one in here (i think) is that stupid. turbo cars and n/a cars are different, we are speaking about n/a. dope.

so blackmagic, tell us if the truth is hurting yet.wned: plain and simple.
first of all you've done nothing here but own yourself.

no ish they start with 4 ports... hey captain obvious.... funny how that works... it even matches up with the 4 cylinders that the engine has... what a coincidence. not once did i say they start with one port(if you could read you'd know this wes).

also, how was 99accord's statement out in left field? according to your logic a manifold and a header are the same thing right? now you change your argument because there's a turbo involved? it's the same principle, just a turbine thrown in the mix.yet more proof of your ineptitude.

what else you got for us wonderboy? it's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about so why are you wasting our time and attempting to corrupt those who don't know with your stupidity?
Old 11-04-2002, 03:53 PM
wesleypipes1338

Default Re: Re: haha, i attacked you...what a cry baby....

first of all you've done nothing here but own yourself.

no ish they start with 4 ports... hey captain obvious.... funny how that works... it even matches up with the 4 cylinders that the engine has... what a coincidence. not once did i say they start with one port(if you could read you'd know this wes).

also, how was 99accord's statement out in left field? according to your logic a manifold and a header are the same thing right? now you change your argument because there's a turbo involved? it's the same principle, just a turbine thrown in the mix.yet more proof of your ineptitude.

what else you got for us wonderboy? it's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about so why are you wasting our time and attempting to corrupt those who don't know with your stupidity?
the facts have been thrown in your face and you still claim you are correct. i think you need to reread your posts. again, i have posted nothing but the FACTS.

enter another incoherent reply by blackmagic.........
Old 11-04-2002, 04:47 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Default Re: Re: Re: haha, i attacked you...what a cry baby....

Originally posted by wesleypipes1338
the facts have been thrown in your face and you still claim you are correct. i think you need to reread your posts. again, i have posted nothing but the FACTS.

enter another incoherent reply by blackmagic.........
what facts? you've brought none. just pure :BS: but whatever you're rightyour BS is fact, whatever it takes to shut you up so you don't steer anyone else in the wrong direction with your BS. you go play your little "i have to be right, HS games" and be content with your stupidity. i just ask you to please, try not to infect any of our newer more impressionable members with it.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:52 PM
zidek_accord

i'd say paint it and leave it on as well. or just take it off and wrap it up . i don't think getting new a new one will give you good gains per dollar.

this is how i see it. headers and exhaust manifolds do the same job but a little differently. kinda like two of the same running sneakers but one has a zipper instead of laces
Old 11-04-2002, 05:12 PM
wesleypipes1338

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: haha, i attacked you...what a cry baby....

Originally posted by /^Blackmagik^\
what facts? you've brought none. just pure :BS: but whatever you're rightyour BS is fact, whatever it takes to shut you up so you don't steer anyone else in the wrong direction with your BS. you go play your little "i have to be right, HS games" and be content with your stupidity. i just ask you to please, try not to infect any of our newer more impressionable members with it.
really on a serious note man, reread your posts. i even freakin quoted you. if my facts are wrong, your off the map. im 110% positive most ppl agree with me, they just dont waste their time like i do. anyway, go back to watching charmed.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:14 PM
wesleypipes1338

btw, the header wrap is ok, but it will eventually make your headers crack, or "manifold" or whatever. really only good for track cars where you can afford to make your own headers.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:08 PM
Jeff TYPE R
Crazy AE86 dude.

Wow, you guys are great!!

First off, a header is an exhaust manifold. It's an urban myth that a "manifold" is a single huge collector and that a "header" has separate pipes. The fact is, all "manifolds" and "headers" use separate pipes for each cylinder.

Second, Blackmagic was dead on about heat and its relationship with exhaust gas velocity. Heat = Energy, and energy is exponentially proportional to velocity.

Third, who gives a "feces" about painting the damn heat shield? Remember, ricing ain't cool.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:22 PM
zidek_accord

and i thought you knew nothing about cars
Old 11-04-2002, 07:35 PM
razorv3

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

Third, who gives a "feces" about painting the damn heat shield? Remember, ricing ain't cool.
well listen here Biff, i didn't paint my heatshield to rice it out. the color was worn out over the years and i just repainted it back to black. i didnt paint it red, orange or some **** like that.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:43 PM
sLoW aZZ aCcOrD

this is what happens when HS is down and all of us come here. like the crypts going to the bloods territory cuz there's to much construction.

anyways headers = exhaust manifold.