Notices

Accord Headers

Old 11-03-2002, 02:45 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dantastic
"header" is easier to say than "exhaust manifold".

it may be easier, but it is not correct.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:07 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by PoohBoi
Exhaust manifold is a PART of the header right?

Header is the Whole Thing, leading from the Engine's Exhaust outlet to the Front Pipe just before the Catalytic Converter. and that Upper Part of the header, having 4 pipes connected to one end is called the Exhaust manifold.

And do you see your car's header if you open the Cover? Yes because that part is the Manifold OF the HEADER, you can't see the WHOLE HEADER, but at least part of it.
not exactly... a manifold and a header are two different things. yes they serve basically the same purpose, but the header is less restrictive.

a manifold has a signifigant amount of backpressure because exhaust gases from one cylinder build up pressure in the manifold that affects the next cylinder that uses the manifold. basically all the cylinders dump into a common pipe. the gasses from the exhaust stroke from each cylinder are not evenly spaced in a manifold. this causes the exhaust stroke from each cylinder to interfere with the next.

in a header the pipes are bent and approximately the same length to keep the exhaust stroke from one cylinder from affecting another therefore eliminating a signifigant amount of back pressure.

backpressure robs your engine of power because the piston has to push harder on the exhaust stroke to eject the exhaust gasses. this is why we try to eliminate backpressure as best we can with headers and other, more freely flowing exhaust components.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:01 AM
wesleypipes1338

you foo! are completely ignorant, or just e-ignornant?

exhaust manifold is a technical term, its the same damn thing as a header.

example- sex=f u c king
feces=s h i t
b i t c h =female dog

get it? i really hope your BAD info does not sink its way to the rice boyz!

your header pics suck too, they are not even for the same car, tard. have you ever taken your stock header off? the ports are not shared dude, more misguided info

so anyway, use that ben frank quote on yourself.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:09 AM
The Dude
Banned

wow I'm actually learning something in this thread. Unlike the ones where people ask how to intsall clear corners and which altezzas to get.
Old 11-03-2002, 06:17 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by wesleypipes1338
you foo! are completely ignorant, or just e-ignornant?

exhaust manifold is a technical term, its the same damn thing as a header.

example- sex=f u c king
feces=s h i t
b i t c h =female dog

get it? i really hope your BAD info does not sink its way to the rice boyz!

your header pics suck too, they are not even for the same car, tard. have you ever taken your stock header off? the ports are not shared dude, more misguided info

so anyway, use that ben frank quote on yourself.
a prime example of the need for abortion.

just because you cannot comprehend facts doesn't mean others are wrong. i think that you've ventured beyond ignorant into stupid. ignorant is when you just don't know any better. stupid is when you refuse to learn.

example: wesleypipes1338=moron

do you even read the posts or do you just arbitrarily spout feces and proclaim it as fact?
Old 11-03-2002, 07:40 AM
wesleypipes1338

Originally posted by /^Blackmagik^\
a prime example of the need for abortion.

just because you cannot comprehend facts doesn't mean others are wrong. i think that you've ventured beyond ignorant into stupid. ignorant is when you just don't know any better. stupid is when you refuse to learn.

example: wesleypipes1338=moron

do you even read the posts or do you just arbitrarily spout feces and proclaim it as fact?
hahaha who made you the ha genius? id like to know how you get your info, its funny how you dont claim that my that header/exhaust manifold theory isnt wrong, could it be the next bs yopu tell us is that your a honda technician? or maybe your a college professor? no no wait, rocket scientist! please, fella save your mumbo jumbo for when your lathering up in the shower....
Old 11-03-2002, 07:43 AM
wesleypipes1338

oh i forgot, no i really just skimmed through most of the bs on this thread, and i thought you posted those pics. either way, you kiddies crack me up
Old 11-03-2002, 08:00 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by wesleypipes1338
hahaha who made you the ha genius? id like to know how you get your info, its funny how you dont claim that my that header/exhaust manifold theory isnt wrong, could it be the next bs yopu tell us is that your a honda technician? or maybe your a college professor? no no wait, rocket scientist! please, fella save your mumbo jumbo for when your lathering up in the shower....
what the hell are you babbling about dude? what theory? i never said i'm a genius, but i do say that what i've posted so far is fact. because it is. plain and simple. actually i'm a little shocked at the amount of ignorance i've seen on this thread. kinda reminds me of my hondasociety days. most of those guys are full of **** and spout insults when they don't know what they're taking about too.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:05 AM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by /^Blackmagik^\
not exactly... a manifold and a header are two different things. yes they serve basically the same purpose, but the header is less restrictive.

a manifold has a signifigant amount of backpressure because exhaust gases from one cylinder build up pressure in the manifold that affects the next cylinder that uses the manifold. basically all the cylinders dump into a common pipe. the gasses from the exhaust stroke from each cylinder are not evenly spaced in a manifold. this causes the exhaust stroke from each cylinder to interfere with the next.

in a header the pipes are bent and approximately the same length to keep the exhaust stroke from one cylinder from affecting another therefore eliminating a signifigant amount of back pressure.

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=manifold

manˇiˇfold Pronunciation Key (mn-fld)
n.
A whole composed of diverse elements.
A pipe or chamber having multiple apertures for making connections.

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=header

headˇer Pronunciation Key (hdr)
n.
One that fits a head on an object.

i guess that's where they got the name for it? so let me get this straight.... the stock jdm it-r 4-1 exhaust manifold (almost equal length), isnt an exhaust manifold? its actually a header? is the it-r 4-2-1 a header or exhaust manifold? but the 4-2-1 looks like the stock one on my accord... which im sure is an exhaust manifold... i bought a GReddy header 4-2-1 for my accord, and its def. not close to equal length. So should GReddy call it a manfold? i do have a dc header for my civic (4-1) which is almost equal length.... blahblahblahblah.....
Old 11-03-2002, 11:28 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by dantastic
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=manifold

manˇiˇfold Pronunciation Key (mn-fld)
n.
A whole composed of diverse elements.
A pipe or chamber having multiple apertures for making connections.

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=header

headˇer Pronunciation Key (hdr)
n.
One that fits a head on an object.

i guess that's where they got the name for it? so let me get this straight.... the stock jdm it-r 4-1 exhaust manifold (almost equal length), isnt an exhaust manifold? its actually a header? is the it-r 4-2-1 a header or exhaust manifold? but the 4-2-1 looks like the stock one on my accord... which im sure is an exhaust manifold... i bought a GReddy header 4-2-1 for my accord, and its def. not close to equal length. So should GReddy call it a manfold? i do have a dc header for my civic (4-1) which is almost equal length.... blahblahblahblah.....
Don't waste your breath, not worth it. He is messed.