Notices

Keyless remote for 2001 Accord

Old 11-21-2007, 04:02 AM
gagnaccordv6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless remote for 2001 Accord

Hi,

I have got a 2001 accord v6 and dont have the keyless remote/remotes for it. It is pretty well loaded, and dont know for sure this year had that feature. I was told it had the feature, so i guess i am asking the following questions.

1. How can I find out if it has that feature (keyless remote) without the owners manual.

2. I see remotes on places like ebay with number sequences on the back, how do I know which is the right code for my car.

3. How do i do this myself on a very limited budget?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it is an EX, it had stock keyless

the LX did not.

Last edited by Misa; 11-21-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:07 AM
DOZ5

Call the dealer and ask to speak with the parts department. Ask them if they have a remote for your car.

Once you get the remote, there is a sequence to program it in the car with the key in the ignition.

Remotes are expensive and you have to match it with the model year of your car.

I had to do it with my 1999 accord EX-V6 since it only came with one remote.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:19 PM
nspec_Cd5

^ebay.

just type in "2001 accord remote". ur car did came w/ a factory remote.

and thne follow these instructions by '98coupev6'

NOTES :

^ The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter is erased.

^ Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.

^ You must complete steps 1-6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on one of the transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be used for this step.)
3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
4. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
7. Within 10 seconds, press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on each transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you press each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:36 AM
8bitrevolution

As everyone has said, check eBay. There's a remote specifically for the 2000-2002 Accord; they're not interchangeable with other years/models. Look up seller "mykeyless" on eBay. His remotes sell for a good price and he gives you instructions on how to setup your remote.

Don't go to the dealer unless you're willing to pay a ton of money. I got my remote off eBay for $27.99 shipped. It's not a new remote but it's in good condition and works great.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:01 AM
gagnaccordv6

I took all of your advice. Thank you. I just ordered a keyless remote from mykeyless on ebay it was about $28 shipped. he guarantees it to work on my 2001 ex accord. plus he provides instructions on how to program the remote. the way i figure if it works great, if it doesn't at least i have a key...Well got remote in on saturday, 5 minutes later had working remote for my vehicle, thank you to all who posted!!!

Last edited by gagnaccordv6; 12-17-2007 at 05:43 AM.