Notices

Short Ram and Cold Air in the same engine?

Old 08-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Water in any engine is bad. At idle it may just stop your engine at higher rpms it will bend rods.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/te...lve/index.html

With cold air intakes this is a good idea^^^^. Short rams just suck hot air from you engine bay.

Last edited by Fuse; 08-25-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:25 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nspec_Cd5
prove me wrong,

in automatic, the transmission dis-engages right when the motor shuts off and it doesn't suck in enough water to cause damage.

but in manual, (unless you put it in to neutral) it will suck in water and i cannot describe after that. ur valves will bend and ur motor will start knocking.

my car (automatic) sucked in water twice both time i couldn't do anything about because of my speed. i couldn't change my lane.
my motor still runs perfectly fine w/o a single knocking sound.
It happened twice in my 98 ls AUTOMATIC............it can and will happen.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Stall?
Teh slow

Originally Posted by nspec_Cd5
prove me wrong,

in automatic, the transmission dis-engages right when the motor shuts off and it doesn't suck in enough water to cause damage.

but in manual, (unless you put it in to neutral) it will suck in water and i cannot describe after that. ur valves will bend and ur motor will start knocking.

my car (automatic) sucked in water twice both time i couldn't do anything about because of my speed. i couldn't change my lane.
my motor still runs perfectly fine w/o a single knocking sound.
You just proved yourself wrong with more fucked up logic. Manual/automatic has nothing to do with it, a running motor will pull air in regardless. If you are off the accelerator then the blockage caused by water in the intake piping may choke off the motor before the liquid has a chance to traverse the piping length and to the intake side. A motor in neutral/not moving won't be able to pull a volume of water and if you are already in motion then guess what? Hydrolocking may occur
Hydrolocked motors don't knock, they most often dont run. bent valves/rods can knock but cheap gas can cause knock too.
If you sucked in water twice then that shows you need to be more careful when driving.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by v6_accord_jerz
It happened twice in my 98 ls AUTOMATIC............it can and will happen.
QFT!!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Intrepid241

nspec :wtf:

Fuse-- that link was exactly what I was talking about.