Notices

I know I am gonna be shot for this question but I have to ask

Old 10-12-2002, 09:31 PM
91AccordCoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know I am gonna be shot for this question but I have to ask

ok please don't shot me, flare up and post search results cause I have searched for an hour and did not find the answer to this specific question, ok with that all being said here it goes

I am looking at intakes and I was wondering (ouch I said no shooting) the noise difference between a short ram and a cai, I most likely will not be going with AEM just cause piping is the same on generics and I will end up with a K&n filter anyways so in the end it is the same, but I was just wondering just as far as sound goes which is going to be quieter or louder, just trying to find everything out before I make a purchase either way so I know everything about them the last hour seaching for an answer to this question I know everything else pro's and cons of both just need one more question answered that I couldn't find thanks guys,
P.s please try to give me an answer without flaring it would be greatly appreciated also just fyi if you can tell my my name I have a 1991 Accord 5 Speed Coupe Lx
Thanks again
Jeremy
Old 10-12-2002, 11:30 PM
99accord520

actually the short ram will give you a louder effect mainliy because it is closer to you. the CAI will give a sort of whistling sound if your outside your car because it is not sitting under the hood. Both will give you the sound your looking for.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:24 AM
dave94ex
moded but still slow

CAI for power, short ram for sound and looks.

My guess is jeremy - do i win the car?
Old 10-14-2002, 11:54 AM
smp

I have a 92 DX, I ordered the SR from ebay, one of the generic $30 POS's. It was loud from low RPMs on. I got the AEM CAI now and it is a lot quieter, it only gets loud at about 4K RPMs and up with the throttle opened up. Hope that helps.