Notices

Popping noise + loose sounds coming from suspension

Old 10-06-2002, 07:59 PM
HondaGangsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping noise + loose sounds coming from suspension

Hey, after i installed my Neuspeed sports i noticed that i would hear a popping sound when i would make left hand turns. Today I installed my KYB AGX struts and the sound was still a problem. BUT while i was installing the struts i noticed what looked like a the driver side sway bar bolt was realy loose.. i thought it was suppose to look like that but now i realize that this may be the problem??? Anyone ever expirience a loose popping like sound from the front suspension before when making left hand turns?
Old 10-07-2002, 01:43 PM
dantastic
cx power!

its the sway bar bushing/bolt. it happens to alotta accords. you have to put them back in the right order, or else theyll make noise
Old 10-08-2002, 03:02 PM
eat rice

How much is your car lowered? My car pops also, they found out its my upper control arm banging against a lip under the fender.

They said its not a problem now, but Im wondering about later. The edge of it is all beat in and bent down, but it still pops on hard turns or going up inclines.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:12 AM
HondaGangsta

It is not dropped much at all... like 1.5 inches off nuespeed sports on KYB agx..

How do i fix the swaybar bushings?
Old 10-09-2002, 10:12 AM
PmPiNAzNBoI
WaSsuP?

I had the same problem b4.. it turned out to be that the sway bar was loose. Just find the bolt and tighten it.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:52 PM
HondaGangsta

just tighten the sway bar bolt? or replace the bushings? are the bushings a easy thing to replace? or should i just keep the old ones and re-tighten?
Old 10-11-2002, 09:43 PM
Illusion-Lighting
Illusion Lighting

are you guys talking about the bolts that hold the bar in place in the middle or the bolt at the endlink?
Old 10-12-2002, 08:27 AM
accord92

Originally posted by eat rice
How much is your car lowered? My car pops also, they found out its my upper control arm banging against a lip under the fender.

They said its not a problem now, but Im wondering about later. The edge of it is all beat in and bent down, but it still pops on hard turns or going up inclines.
i had the same problem, i had to notch the top of my wheel well and shave the tip of the a arm off but now i dont have ANY problems, my a arm goes right up in there with out touching a thing. i just used a plasma cutter...it only took me like 15 min.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:40 PM
PmPiNAzNBoI
WaSsuP?

Originally posted by see_fu
are you guys talking about the bolts that hold the bar in place in the middle or the bolt at the endlink?
For me it was the bolt at the endlink.. also see if the upper control arm is banging against something.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:51 AM
HondaGangsta

hey pimpinazinboy:

Did you just tighten the bolt and the end of the swaybar? was that it? or did you replace your bushings?