Notices

Why don't Honda bring back the Accord Wagon

Old 11-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Accord01Manual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why don't Honda bring back the Accord Wagon

I miss the Accord Wagon, and Honda has discontinued this model since 1997. Frankly, it's better than the CRV for:
1. Gas mileage
2. Rollover stability.

Since the SUV fad is coming to an end both for chic and gas reason, I'd imagine it would be practical and profitable for Honda to re-introduce the station wagon.

Does anybody out there think/feel the same way?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:23 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

only if it can out preform the new suburu wagon... that'll show them... honda accord 07 v6 wagon AWD
Old 11-04-2005, 02:41 PM
LjN_728

Are you a soccer mom? jk
Old 11-04-2005, 03:58 PM
mayonaise

japan and europe still have an accord wagon. but unless acura wants a TSX wagon, and accord wagon would have to be independently designed. maybe they don't think it's worth it. i couldn't imagine the current USDM accord in wagon form :ugh:
Old 11-04-2005, 04:07 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

I could see Acura selling a TSX wagon like the other upper brands due. But even they have all went the same way as the other domestics did.

We simply prefer SUV and cross overs to wagons, plain and simple.

I'd love to find a mint fifth gen wagon in some old ladies garage with like 20k mi or less on the clock, I really liked them....
Old 11-04-2005, 06:17 PM
accordsir86

Acura has a TSX wagon already, its not available to the US i mean, its a Honda accord wagon. ive seen a UK commercial. it took the like 500 takes to make it i think and its cool, gotta see it. kinda like a DOMINO affect thing!
go here to see it --> http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-174.htm
Old 11-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Accord01Manual

Originally Posted by 93EXaccord
only if it can out preform the new suburu wagon... that'll show them... honda accord 07 v6 wagon AWD
My wife drives a Subaru '06 Wagon Special Edition. The inside is well designed, but the control knobs and panel are clumsy -- not as good as the Accord design. However, the Subaru grips the road like glue and corners better my Accord EX Manual. Anyhow, if Honda had the Accord Wagon model, we'd have had picked it over the Subaru anytime.

To answer other person question, I am not a soccer mom, but a practical dad.

Regarding people preferring SUVs over wagons, I think the trend is reversing now due to high gas price and safety concerns. Besides, most of my neighbors who own SUVs never driven anywhere in rough terrain....the only rough terrain is over their lawns.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:06 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

It's all about what will sell. And sell a lot!
Old 11-06-2005, 12:55 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

a turbo AWD accord would sell like crazy!
Old 11-06-2005, 02:16 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

I've never known anyone with a high mileage maint. free turbo car, bah--I like my Honda's O-natural please. AWD? bah the Teg-Type-R and TSX have such wonderful balance out of the blocks stock you forget all about AWD, I'll take the weight savings (better MPG) and added interior volume my FWD chassis lets the car have.

As for bad weather, I love the huge choices of snow tires we have now. I'll take FWD and a fresh set of tech-i snow tires in any snow to All season and AWD.

Sure they have wagons and lower engine AWD Accord's in Japan, but seeing as none of them sold worth a hoot over here year's ago--when we made them in Ohio....why would they sell now? Hatches simply are not cool over hear period.

And if you truely lust for an AWD wagon, many of the other mfg. sell glorious models. Audi A3, Subi has a few, and Saab will have a fun FWD 93 soon (in addition to the 92x) so if you yearn for an aero box choices are great!