Notices

FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS

Old 05-12-2008, 04:00 AM
DaveBHX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IR (infra Red) Valeo Keyless remote help Not Wireless Type on civic

IR (infra Red) Valeo Keyless remote help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys

I have read all these threads and have come to the conclusion that the keyfob unlocking system that is used in the USA is of the wireless type?

I am in the UK and have a 1999 civic 1.4s 5 door, I have lost my original keyfob (Which is Infra red valeo type, as i point it at the rear view mirror not the radio)

I have obtained a replacement IR Valeo remote key fob and have tried to program it by the inginition on press lock ingnition off for 4 times etc and it doesnt work

So am i correct in assuming that these programing instructions are for a wireless keyfob system and not a Infra system as i cannot get it to work??

I have been to the honda dealership here in the UK and showed them them the instructions i have had off your site, I was informed that the instructions where correct but only for certain types of civics and would not work with my civic.They wouldnt say exactly which system it was for.

They have told me i have to buy a preprogramed key fob from them at a cost of £100 ($200 usd). which comes preprogramed. Which the cost is stupid

So i would just like some confirmation from someone of this site,if possible that the instructions on here ( Ingnition key to II,i press lock on fob, Ingnition key off. the repeat 4 times etc) is for a wireless system or will it work with the original valeo IR (infra red) system???????????

Many thanks Guys

Great site

Sorry if i have posted in the wrong section
Old 06-18-2008, 06:28 AM
playfs

Default 2007 Honda Odyssey EX.

Does anyone have the instruction to program remotes for a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:27 PM
luhamer

Hi, I'm new here, I just bought a 05 Odessey, they gave me one key and one remote, I would like to buy one from somewhere, is there any way to programme it ? because I don't see any programme here for Odessey after 04. Thanks
Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 AM
punch01

Hello all,

Just bought a new key with transmitter for my 2003 Accord LX from the dealer. I just want to make sure I understand, if I use the instructions for programming the keyless remote, it will also start the car? I'm asking because the key turns the ignition on but the car just turns over and doesn't start. I'm not to familiar with the security chips in the newer cars since I just bought the car this weekend. I don't want to go through the programming steps and disable the one remote I have working to start the car. Any help will be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks in advance....
Old 05-19-2009, 02:06 PM
jrgoswick
Some old guy!

Useful info-this should be a sticky.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Shehzada

I hate to bump this thread......but can anyone tell me if a 2001-2004 Odyssey EX remote (OUCG80-440H-A) will work on a 2001 Odyssey LX model?

Are the EX & LX remotes on the Odyssey interchangeable?
Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Dingo Deb

Default keyless remote

All this info & other Honda tips can also be found at:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/art...ticle_52.shtml
1998-2002 Honda Accord EX & SE Keyless Entry Programming
By College Hills Honda Parts
Thu, 26 Aug 2004, 19:42:00

Email this article
Printer friendly page

NOTES:
• The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter is erased.
• Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must
reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.
• You must complete steps 1–6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.

Programming the Transmitter

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on one of the transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be used for this step.)
3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
4. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
7. Within 10 seconds, press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on each transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you press each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter’s code.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
© Copyright 2004-2007 by collegehillshonda.com

However, even though I've tried the above didn't work for me but I may be using the wrong remote as I use to have a Civic.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Die in a fire, Dingo Deb. I hope your keyless remote explodes.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:24 PM
JBV86

I'm sorry to being this thread back to life. But after extensive search online, I just don't have an answer!

I recently bought a 1998 Honda Civic EX coupe with 53,300 miles on the clock. I got two keys and one transmitter for the keyless entry (factory)

The keyless entry works, but the lights don't flash! When I press the lock button twice, the doors lock again but theres no horn chirp either.

The remote I have only has the lock, unlock, and panic button. Is there a way I can fix this? It drives me insane! haha.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:26 PM
THEWAG

Default 1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe

The jerks at the local Honda dealer sell new remotes for the 1999's and the Honda Newsletter from 2006 tells them the 98-99 transmitters are discontinued and the new look-a-like will not open trunk. They tried to sell me $89.00 diag to find out why blaming the car. I said let me research and call U tomorrow. I found the info and told them and they did not want to refund my $211.00 for 2 FOBS and I told them sorry for your not reading YOUR newsletter about this problem that I just schooled you on. The parts manager agreeed and gave me my refund...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY IN CORP AMERICA and how many dumb people can we screw in a day.:bigok:.

Quick Reply: FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS