Notices

FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS

Old 11-13-2007, 08:33 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waoonetwork
does anyone have a keyless entry programming for a civic lx 2002? i got 2 remotes with my civic from the dealers but they dont work and i replaced the battery's and still nothin.
Go to the dealer and pay them $60 to do it, please.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:11 AM
sil180sr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, Ive got a 99 Accord LX, did the programming works flawlessly. My question is.. When I unlock my car it honks twice, and when I lock it honks once. For some reason It did not do this when i first purchased the car but now its been doing it for 3 years or so. Wondering if there is a way to disabling the honking in programming mode. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:49 AM
GMailDrive

Default Honda Accord 2003 EX

I just bought Honda Accord 2003 EX with only one keyless. I read carefully this thread, but I can't understand how actually is programming procedure.

First, I understand that inside keyless there is a chip, named transponder. This chip has a firmware, which firmware execute algorithm to crypt/decrypt communication between keyless and vehicle computer. Vehicle computer must be trained to know new keyless. This is actually for me programming instruction. Am I right ?

Second, I find appropriate keyless for my Accord from http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ . They said, that I still visit local Honda dealer to program keyless. What would program Honda dealer ? I ask http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ , but they don't give me reasonable answer.

For me, the only reasonable answer is that dealers sell keyless without firmware, and Honda dealer must load it. But if this is true, how other dealers test if they keyless works ?

Thanks.

GMailDrive

Last edited by GMailDrive; 02-04-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:38 AM
8bitrevolution

Originally Posted by GMailDrive
I just bought Honda Accord 2003 EX with only one keyless. I read carefully this thread, but I still understand how actually is programming procedure.

First, I understand that inside keyless there is a chip, named transponder. This chip has a firmware, which firmware execute algorithm to crypt/decrypt communication between keyless and vehicle computer. Vehicle computer must be trained to know new keyless. This is actually for me programming instruction. I am right ?

Second, I find appropriate keyless for my Accord from http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ . They said, that I still visit local Honda dealer to program keyless. What would program Honda dealer ? I ask http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/ , but they don't give me reasonable answer.

For me, the only reasonable answer is that dealers sell keyless without firmware, and Honda dealer must load it. But if this is true, how other dealers test if they keyless works ?

Thanks.

GMailDrive
The remote has to be programmed to the car. There is no firmware to be loaded.

If you can't understand how to program the remote from the directions here, then go to the dealer. It's a simple process and you either get it or you don't.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:50 AM
GMailDrive

I understand how to program the remote from programming instruction posted here, but seller of the keyless said that I must visit Honda dealer to program chip. This was the reason to ask here what would be program Honda dealer.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:42 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand how to program the remote from programming instruction posted here, but seller of the keyless said that I must visit Honda dealer to program chip. This was the reason to ask here what would be program Honda dealer.
I strongly recommend that you go to the dealer for this or anything else you plan to do with your car.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Tedmond

hey, im assuming you have the newer gen honda where th ekeyless remote is also the key. programming the remote for keyless is no issue because any1 can do it. If you are trying to get the key cut and start the car, yes you need to visit a honda dealer so they can prgram the Immobilizer chip in the key. they use a Scan tool and program the Immobilizer RF chip using Infared.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
GMailDrive

Originally Posted by Tedmond
hey, im assuming you have the newer gen honda where th ekeyless remote is also the key. programming the remote for keyless is no issue because any1 can do it. If you are trying to get the key cut and start the car, yes you need to visit a honda dealer so they can prgram the Immobilizer chip in the key. they use a Scan tool and program the Immobilizer RF chip using Infared.
Thanks Tedmond,

that is what I want to hear. Yes, keyless is also the key. I want to cut key and using it to start the car.

Tnanks to all.
Regards: GMailDrive
Old 02-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Tedmond

depending on dealer, usaully its about 50 to do the laser cut key and 60 to program the RF immobilzer chip.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:50 AM
diab

I have a 2001 Accord Coupe 2.0iES (6gen, manual) which was made in USA (Ohio) but it's for the european market. It has european standard headlights and km/h speedometer.
The keyless remotes are missing and dealerships here have very limited information/experience with such models so I'm having a hard time tracking down the remote type. They're willing to order one but it costs a fortune (about $400. WTF).
I've ordered one from ebay (FCCID KOBUTAH2T) but either the remote is not the proper one or programming instructions (turn igniton key / unlock / turn off...) are different for this model.
Is it worth looking for it or should I just replace the whole alarm system?

Quick Reply: FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS