Notices

FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS

Old 09-19-2005, 07:00 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrChad
I wouldn't worry one bit; remote starting your engine is the least of your worries....change the oil often it will run forever period. If I had remote start I would use it to run the AC in the summer all the time before I got in the car...
Yeah my car maintenance philosphy is sort of a paradox...I normally am extremely smooth and gentle with the car for gas mileage and wear purposes (lots of coasting instead of braking) but every 3 or 4 days I'll beat the crap out of it if I'm in the mood This morning I got into it with the radio blasting and was up to 105 on a downhill stretch of nice country road and had no idea until I looked down...god damn busted cruise control is gonna get me killed. The engine will probably last forever, it's my internal seals and tranny that skurr me now. I burn Syntec at a rate of 1 qt/500 miles on short trips (at school) and 1 qt/2k miles when I'm driving all highway (commuting to/from work), which is pretty good for a VTEC engine from what I've read.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:14 PM
twopointsevenv6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought a used 1997 Accord EX V6. How can I tell if it has factory keyless entry installed? The dealership only gave me keys, no transmitter. I checked under the dash and there is a light bluish box that looks kinda like it could house a controller directly above the fuse panel, but I pried open too many of these types of boxes in my Taurus, which is why I eventually required a Honda... Thanks.

added later:

The box actually has a stylized imprint that reads "TRW" and a stamp "Honda" + some numbers + "made in USA" (USA??)

Last edited by twopointsevenv6; 03-08-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:54 PM
ryan22_2

thats awsonme
Old 06-13-2006, 03:20 PM
hondaccordex

i need these instructions for a 96 Integra GS-R
Old 06-13-2006, 03:58 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by hondaccordex
i need these instructions for a 96 Integra GS-R
Exactly why I stopped giving them.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:37 PM
hondaccordex

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Exactly why I stopped giving them.
??? That doesnt make sence
Old 06-21-2006, 04:43 AM
TedinBoston

Default Can I unlock all doors by pressing unlock only once???

Is there a relatively simple way modify the entry system to make this happen in my 98 Accord EX??? It really annoys me to constantly have to push twice to get all the doors open, especially when I'm carrying kids and other stuff. And it makes you wait for what seems like forever before it will react to the second push.

And is it possible to disable the active security feature so the damn doors don't re-lock if I don't open them within a minute???

Am I the only one who thinks the factory system is a poorly designed POS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Originally Posted by TedinBoston
Is there a relatively simple way modify the entry system to make this happen in my 98 Accord EX??? It really annoys me to constantly have to push twice to get all the doors open, especially when I'm carrying kids and other stuff. And it makes you wait for what seems like forever before it will react to the second push.

And is it possible to disable the active security feature so the damn doors don't re-lock if I don't open them within a minute???

no,
no,
maybe
Old 07-13-2006, 10:31 PM
ShareBear1

Default Disabling "valet" feature (door relock)

Originally Posted by TedinBoston

Yes, there is a way to disable automatic door re-locking, known as the "valet feature." I've had it done at the dealership twice. They do some kind of hocus-pocus, such as turning the ignition key on and off, spinning around, and saying a magic word. I wish I had made note of it, because I need it done for the third time. When you make other changes to the electronics, such as getting the "Check engine light" reset (because you didn't turn the gas cap enough clicks), or getting the SRS light reset (because you left your cell phone on the passenger seat, and pixilated the computer?), the valet feature can come back to annoy you again.

The door re-locking feature has been more than just annoying, it has been life-threatening. One time, I was struggling to get my mother-in-law, who has Alzheimer's, into my CR-V. I set my purse on the console, so I could use both hands. Once I got her legs into the car, I closed the passenger door. As I walked around to the driver's side, I heard the doors lock. My purse and my mother-in-law were locked in the car, on a hot summer day. She wasn't functional enough to unlock the doors. I called my husband, and he came to the rescue in about 20 minutes. A few more minutes in that hot car...

The same thing happened to my son-in-law twice while he was chauffering my mother-in-law around!

So I have developed the habit of ALWAYS having my keys in hand when I get out of the car. Some day when I have time, I'll go and have the dealer disable the "Valet Feature" again. It reappeared when I had the dealer reset the SRS light, which had mysteriously appeared. They charged me $75 to check it out and reset it.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Vernon Franklin

Can you post the instructions for an 01 Civic LX? I have a remote, but either the instructions are wrong or I'm retarded, because I can't seem to get it to work. Thanks!

Quick Reply: FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS