Notices

Son's camber kit control arm bang bang fix

Old 07-03-2004, 07:50 PM
gatemnachine
gatemnachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Son's camber kit control arm bang bang fix

I recently took my son's car back off his hands since he is in the military and need YOUR advice. If I replace the stock springs (currently has super low springs), will that extend or improve clearance and stop / lessen the banging?
HELP HELP :

PS- Car is 97 Honda Accord EX coup

Last edited by gatemnachine; 07-03-2004 at 07:52 PM. Reason: To clarify
Old 07-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Maukio
99 Accord LX

Yeah, if you put the stock springs back on it should fix all the clearance issues, oh, and of course you will need to get an alignment afterward. If he has aftermarket shocks on there you might want to check and see if there are different perch levels. You might be able to just move the perch up a few notches and fix the clearance issues. I dunno which would be more of a hassle though, changing the perch or putting the stock springs back on.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:47 PM
gatemnachine
gatemnachine

Wow it probubly means I will need to replace the struts also. But I need to get the car funtional because the front tires wear bad and it bangs every time you take a turn or hit a bump, not to mention you have to take driveways at an angle and do a pull up just to get out of the car. I just hope the camber kit he installed (purchased at the Honda parts dealer) wont act up more. OK you convinced me, glad I made him keep the stock springs.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:06 PM
IamNemo
You know me...

You wouldn't have to mess with the struts. If they're nice struts, you'll just have nicer ride quality while riding at stock height! I wouldn't waste the money on stock struts. Just adjust the ones that are on there if they're adjustable (I'd hope sine it's lowered).
Old 07-09-2004, 08:19 AM
bonestock

if you put stock spring on there will be no use for the camber kit and you can just take it off and put it back to stock.

i bent in the metal lip that is under the plastic liner with some pliers and now the camber kit has enough clearance and no bang bang
Old 07-10-2004, 08:43 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Originally Posted by bonestock
if you put stock spring on there will be no use for the camber kit and you can just take it off and put it back to stock.

i bent in the metal lip that is under the plastic liner with some pliers and now the camber kit has enough clearance and no bang bang
Far as I know.. you will need to use the wooden baseball bat.