Notices

02 Sedan & Coupe ==Sedan = faster??

Old 03-24-2004, 11:09 AM
polakatl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
I know he floored it because I could hear his VTEC engaging.
His car was an EX since I did see his sunroof tilted.

I dont floor my pedal.
I'm sure u did. VTEC is just soo noticable especially on the 6th gens LOL. It takes a lot to even guess where vtec kicks in if u are driving the car. You claim to hear this massive engagement of power. Its not nitrous man.

I floored it to engage vtec... yeah and that vtec just made u fly!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Illicit Accord

Originally Posted by polakatl
I'm sure u did. VTEC is just soo noticable especially on the 6th gens LOL. It takes a lot to even guess where vtec kicks in if u are driving the car. You claim to hear this massive engagement of power. Its not nitrous man.

There are 2 stages of VTEC, they each engage at different RPM, so i guess he could have known the RPM at which his VTEC begins. However i do agree that VTEC isn't that noticeable in the new generation accords. But on the other hand, hearing it is possible if the guy driving the coupe accord had a VTEC controller, which allows you to choose when to engage the VTEC. it's really hard to say what he heard...
Old 03-24-2004, 11:31 AM
polakatl

doesn't regular vtec just have one switch over point in between 4-5k that switches from low rpm settign to high. I know the iVTEC has multiple settings but regular should only have two setings and thus one switch over point.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Illicit Accord

VTEC ==> 2 stages that engage at different RPM, first one at about 4-5, the second at about 5-6, depending on the motor.
iVTEC ==> i think 2 stages, that engage when you floor it only. Kinda like the car knows when your racing, hence INTELLIGENT-VTEC
Old 03-24-2004, 12:02 PM
flyromeo3

doesn't regular vtec just have one switch over point in between 4-5k that switches from low rpm settign to high. I know the iVTEC has multiple settings but regular should only have two setings and thus one switch over point.

dude, i wasnt staring into his window when I heard the hissing of his intake.
Sorry but, i know what I heard, maybe he did have a vtec controller, not sure since I had my own car to worry about.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:04 PM
flyromeo3

????massive engagement of power???? When did I say it was massive?

I was referring to the noise the intake makes when it hits VTEC.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:25 PM
mizturyous
Terd Furgeson

At one point I saw his car just creeping up next to mine very slowly but he was gaining. I pressed down on the peddle a bit more and engaged VTEC.

Once that happend it seemed like a mustang pulling away from Yugo.............................................. .................................................. ..............I guess that is what he was talking about.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Intrepid241

Being a '00 5spd coupe owner, I can attest that he could have taken you. He either:
A. Wasn't trying
B. Is an Idiot
C. Can't drive and is an idiot
Old 03-24-2004, 08:55 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

vtec engines hav no torque.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:35 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by mizturyous
At one point I saw his car just creeping up next to mine very slowly but he was gaining. I pressed down on the peddle a bit more and engaged VTEC.

Once that happend it seemed like a mustang pulling away from Yugo.............................................. .................................................. ..............I guess that is what he was talking about.

I was exaggerating with that msg.......

I was pulling away from him slowly while we were side by side. So I know he was in the game also. I just found it odd since he has the extra gear on how I was able to get ahead of him.

Quick Reply: 02 Sedan & Coupe ==Sedan = faster??