Notices

Warning to all AEM Bypass valve owners!!!

Old 03-13-2004, 01:15 PM
skabone69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my AEM CAI mounting beak and got into contact with AEM on their forum board. I'll PM you the number for the customer service guy there. I ended up getting a brand new CAI. I had my CAI for 2years before it broke and they replaced it no problem. it did take about 3-4weeks to get a new one though.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:25 PM
uclaccord

what the...thas friggin scary...so this is only a scare for bypass valve peeps right...like i'm fine w/ my reg old cai
Old 03-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Justasking

Sounds like a scene from a movie.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Eklypse39
how do you like the icebox anyways?
I absolutely love it. Gives great gains, is much quieter than an AEM which is what I wanted, and the filter is enclosed in the engine bay, so it doesnt get wet, and sprayed with dirty, muddy water every time it rains. That really removes the oil.

You also dont have to remove the wheel well liner to clean the filter. Its much easier.

The Comptech uses a Foam Filter, but when it gets dirty, I am just going to toss it. I have a direct fit K&N Cone filter waiting to go in. I think they filter better, and can get cleaned better.

The TL-S / The 540i
Old 03-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Eddiebx

you;d think the guys first instinct would be to shut the car off, or take it out of gear or something, rather than, choose between crashing the car into a tree or other cars and blowing red lights, and taking corners at like 50mph,
Old 03-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Melt
the lone outdoorsman

thats what he gets for buyin the aem instead of a good one.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Intrepid241

Thank go I don't use a bypass valve on my CAI.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:06 PM
i3igpete
God of Car

Originally Posted by Eddiebx
you;d think the guys first instinct would be to shut the car off, or take it out of gear or something, rather than, choose between crashing the car into a tree or other cars and blowing red lights, and taking corners at like 50mph,
if that guy didn't have the common sense to throw it in neutral, then he deserved to die. there are too many idiots like that driving around in america and we need to reduce that number.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:15 PM
i3igpete
God of Car

Originally Posted by Idiot in a CL
, brakes did me no good at this point....the cars accelerator was stuck, red lights..HERE I COME!
i had to blow through a red light, around cars stopped at the light.
Finally, i got to my turn, but one problem, the car was still doing 40mph and the turn was 90 degrees. SO..i went for it...car felt like it was on two wheels, i couldnt believe i made the turn.

Finally, the car started to accellerate again and this>>>
yup. that guy deserved to die. he can slow down to make a crazy turn, then decides to hang on for the ride when it accelerates AGAIN. so that means he could have stopped but he chose not to. what a genius.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:20 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

This issue was covered under an early AEM bypass valve issue with the NTFS.
If the valve was purchased from an autherized AEM retailer and you filled in the warranty card a special plastic snap ring was sent to you to prevent this from happening to the bypass valve causing the TB to get stuck open.

AEM sent me one right away a few years back, it's worked fine ever since, it was about a 3min install to fix the issue. All new bypass valves have been redesigned since.

Quick Reply: Warning to all AEM Bypass valve owners!!!