Notices

rsr exmag for '96 LX

Old 02-04-2004, 07:35 AM
sa863c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rsr exmag for '96 LX

I am in the market for a new exhaust(econo coffee-can muffler from ebay is getting annoying), everything I have read through these forums has had nothing but good things to say about the rsr exhausts.

Looking around, the best price I could find was $550, which personally I think is a bit much, but since it is made of 409 stainless it could be worth it.

So my question is; has anyone ever had a problem w/ a rsr?

What kinda lifetime does this thing have? (I know it depends on driving conditions, but any number would be better than none.)
Old 02-04-2004, 12:07 PM
polakatl

I would think the liftime would be more than enough. If its stainless than it should outlast ur car. What kinda sound are u looking for. Invidia is a good choice for straight through design but sounds more like a race car than street although it a nice sound.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:07 PM
AccordCoup94

i have an rsr catback, but its not full stainless. the piping and canister is "jet black" which is some ceramic coating stuff i suppose which lowers temperature so i removed all of the heat sheilding material under the car (saving weight) except for the parts near the gas tank, obviously. the only stainless part is the tip of the exhaust. makes the catback seem stock. i LOVE that. the tip is also a perfect size, not outrageously big, like the greddy evo, but big enough to notice. the tip is also rolled, not straight like the greddy. that was enough to make me buy it. and the best part.. ITS QUIET :naughty: