Notices

AEM Short Ram Air Intake

Old 02-02-2004, 07:33 PM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Short Ram Air Intake

Does anyone know of a good place to get an AEM Short Ram Air Intake System for a 1992 Honda Accord Lx for a great price? I have been having a hard time finding distribution companies on the net that offer systems that fit this car even though most companies claim that their systems have applications that fit the 1990-93 generation (Model 22-407 for around 90 bucks). I am wondering if AEM even makes a system that is compatible, and if not then what other makes should I possibly look into? Injen? K&N?

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:38 PM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

Yeah man get it from here

www.adventon.com

They have really good prices I got mine from there for $80 bucks!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:52 PM
uclaccord

www.groupbuycenter.com
Old 02-02-2004, 08:22 PM
ODUB
Banned

Dont Get The Short Ram, Save Up For The Cold Air Or The V2
Old 02-02-2004, 08:32 PM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Originally Posted by ODUB
Dont Get The Short Ram, Save Up For The Cold Air Or The V2

Getting a Cold Air would not be good, because Philly gets too much snow winter weather, and if the Cold Air system got wet, then I would completely waste the money. V2's are a slim possibility but out of curiousity just how much more HP does a V2 system provide in comparison to a Short Ram???
Old 02-03-2004, 03:23 AM
Intrepid241

The short ram is nice...I had one on my 6th gen for a while, but I upgraded to a CAI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Engine_01.jpg (281.3 KB, 59 views)
Old 02-03-2004, 03:25 AM
Intrepid241

Originally Posted by SmutWanter
Getting a Cold Air would not be good, because Philly gets too much snow winter weather, and if the Cold Air system got wet, then I would completely waste the money.

A Bypass valve is meant to prevent moisture being sucked up. It does cost an extra $40 though.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:14 AM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

Originally Posted by Intrepid241
A Bypass valve is meant to prevent moisture being sucked up. It does cost an extra $40 though.
doesn't that take away the horsepower though? At least thats what I heard, that was the reason for me not getting a cold air intake, plus our weather out here is freakin horrible
Old 02-03-2004, 07:00 AM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Originally Posted by mrbrace
doesn't that take away the horsepower though? At least thats what I heard, that was the reason for me not getting a cold air intake, plus our weather out here is freakin horrible

If this is true about the HP being decreased by this valve, then how much fast is CAI over Ram and then would it even be worth getting? So far the lowest price for an AEM Short Ram has been 90 bucks still for the AEM22407P model but some distributers are saying that this model doesn't fit on my car and others are saying that it does. So I am skeptical as to why there are different specs. on this model.
http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.as...T_ID=AEM22-407
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/AEM22407P

Yeah Philly has been getting snow, sleet, and freezing rain every week now for the past month and doesn't appear to end anytime soon...
Old 02-03-2004, 08:17 AM
mrbrace
Goldenchild

Originally Posted by SmutWanter
If this is true about the HP being decreased by this valve, then how much fast is CAI over Ram and then would it even be worth getting? So far the lowest price for an AEM Short Ram has been 90 bucks still for the AEM22407P model but some distributers are saying that this model doesn't fit on my car and others are saying that it does. So I am skeptical as to why there are different specs. on this model.
http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.as...T_ID=AEM22-407
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/AEM22407P

Yeah Philly has been getting snow, sleet, and freezing rain every week now for the past month and doesn't appear to end anytime soon...
Yeah thats the reason that I say get the short ram air intake so that you won't have to worry about engine seizure.

Quick Reply: AEM Short Ram Air Intake