Notices

I need opinions on shox to go w/ skunk2 coils

Old 10-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need opinions on shox to go w/ skunk2 coils

Aight...so here is the problem. I am riding on skunk2 coils w/ KYB AGX's shox. 1 finger gap in back, 2 in front. The damn car bounces all over god's creation. I'm tired of this shit...so I am buying new shox. Now then, I have always heard that koni yellows are the absolute best. They are rather pricey, but I am willing to spend the $$ if necessary. Now then, the real question. Would I be just as well off if I bought some Tokico Illiminas or some Bilstein shox?? I expect there to be some bumps and stuff even if I got yellows, I just don't want it to be all bouncy like it is now. Another option....would it be better off to get rid of the coils, and get some springs and some good shox?? I am willing to do what it takes to get rid of the bouncing, I just need to know which direction to go. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:07 PM
92lx

Koni yellows are great....I've also seen good results from the Tokicko Illiminas, never seen/ridden in a car with Bilstein.

- Nathan
Old 10-29-2003, 05:39 AM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

anybody else??
Old 10-29-2003, 05:58 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

you have to go konis yellows.

anyways this is a fine example why sleeve coilovers are a waste of money. skunk 2s+ Koni yellows=Tein SS coilover price range.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:26 AM
DriftKing

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
you have to go konis yellows.

anyways this is a fine example why sleeve coilovers are a waste of money. skunk 2s+ Koni yellows=Tein SS coilover price range.
I wouldnt necessarily call it a waste of money, but those AGXs are. I Gotta give you a ride next time we meet up, we'll see how much money i wasted on sleeves and Illuminas. I do agree that the prices are similar, but and upgrade is an upgrade, its all better than stock!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:41 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by DriftKing
I wouldnt necessarily call it a waste of money, but those AGXs are. I Gotta give you a ride next time we meet up, we'll see how much money i wasted on sleeves and Illuminas. I do agree that the prices are similar, but and upgrade is an upgrade, its all better than stock!
of course it's better than stock, but i'm sure Jeffs Tein SS setup would the better.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:58 AM
DriftKing

of course it's better than stock, but i'm sure Jeffs Tein SS setup would the better.
I drove Jeff's car too. Im not sure if its any better than mine. Mine was Definitely stiffer, and the rear sway bar helped to keep the back planted. His tires arent great either, but i couldnt really tell much of a difference other than that.
Ask him what he thought of my car. You're welsome to drive it next time we meet too.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:22 AM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Well, I didn't decide to put the skunks on w/ the AGX's, they were on the car when I got it. I think I am going to get some sprint springs, and Illuminas and call it a day. Thanks for all the advice.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:14 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by DriftKing
I drove Jeff's car too. Im not sure if its any better than mine. Mine was Definitely stiffer, and the rear sway bar helped to keep the back planted. His tires arent great either, but i couldnt really tell much of a difference other than that.
Ask him what he thought of my car. You're welsome to drive it next time we meet too.
yeah i would expect the Tein SS to be softer than the skunks since they are more for daily driving than track driving.

i would like to how a rear sway and some azenis would fair compared to your car. i would guess that on a track you would have an advatage, but possibly on a bumpy road his car would be easier to control.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:11 PM
DriftKing

yeah i would expect the Tein SS to be softer than the skunks since they are more for daily driving than track driving.

i would like to how a rear sway and some azenis would fair compared to your car. i would guess that on a track you would have an advatage, but possibly on a bumpy road his car would be easier to control.
:werd: To all of that. If my car had any power at all. . .It would do well on a track. Although, it was kind of the plan all along. I know that the power i can get out of my motor is minimal, so i figured, If I dont have to slow down, then I can make up for lost power.

I dont mind giving up a little comfort for a lot of performance either. It is a little bouncy, especially when i have no gas, but its not like i cant drink my coffee because of it. On a bumpy road, its a different story, and unfortunately there are quite a few of those around boston.