Notices

My coupe with JDM thin moldings

Old 07-26-2003, 01:06 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by oc_civic
fuck me??? settle down.. you asked a simple question.. so i answered.. i in no way meant to hurt your pride.. but you are the one driving around a car missing parts of molding.. molding that doesn't even fit.. so back the fuck off..
.........its all good man. Its not missing parts now the two rear sides are off til i take it in to be worked on
Old 07-26-2003, 01:11 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jfiedler
think so? go mount a couple blue lights on your roof. you aren't replacing stock lighting...but i guarantee it isn't legal. :fawk:
actualy i could MOUNT any lights i want on my roof.. its when i light them up that there is an issue.. and roof mounted lights are under a differant group.. a pickup truck.. with amber roof running lights will be ok, BUT a pickup truck with amber EMERGENCY lights are differant.. last time i checked.. this WAS a long time ago.. blue lights were reserved as "emergency vehicle lighting" at least in NJ.. so you could not have ANY blue lights..

underbody has different laws...but in general as long as you can't see the actual light producing device (filament, led, neon, etc) you should be ok.
not in NJ.. in NJ they break hella lots of balls for underbody neons.. so niether one of us is a laweyer and the reality is niether of us REALLY know.. we just know what we have "heard"
Old 07-26-2003, 01:16 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

in florida any added light under car can not be red, blue, amber/yellow. Side markers must be amber up front and red in rear. As for roof mounted lights they can be any color as long it is for off road use only.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Civic2Scooby

here is a thought...just shave all your moldings and call it a day..
Old 07-26-2003, 01:20 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

:werd:
:closed:
Old 07-26-2003, 01:22 PM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

actualy i could MOUNT any lights i want on my roof.. its when i light them up that there is an issue.. and roof mounted lights are under a differant group.. a pickup truck.. with amber roof running lights will be ok, BUT a pickup truck with amber EMERGENCY lights are differant.. last time i checked.. this WAS a long time ago.. blue lights were reserved as "emergency vehicle lighting" at least in NJ.. so you could not have ANY blue lights..

not in NJ.. in NJ they break hella lots of balls for underbody neons.. so niether one of us is a laweyer and the reality is niether of us REALLY know.. we just know what we have "heard"
in massachusetts, mounting red or blue lights anywhere on a vehicle without proper permits is illegal. turning them on is irrelevent.

whats interesting about the wording of the law is, technically as long as the blue or red light isn't capable of strobing, flashing, etc...it's legal. this doesn't fly in front of a cop tho - i paid a $300 fine to that effect. stupid blue nozzle lights (gone now :thumbup

http://www.state.ma.us/legis/laws/mgl/90-7E.htm

NJ may be different...but as far as hearing the laws, it doesn't get more real than the link above.

realistically, law comes down to the cop that is in front of you. if he says it's legal, who cares what the law says. if he says it's illegal, and you disagree then you can bring it to a judge and go from there.

lighting laws suck :down:
Old 07-26-2003, 01:24 PM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

page 2 ownerage :boink:
Old 07-26-2003, 01:25 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

in massachusetts, mounting red or blue lights anywhere on a vehicle without proper permits is illegal. turning them on is irrelevent.

http://www.state.ma.us/legis/laws/mgl/90-7E.htm

NJ may be different...but as far as hearing the laws, it doesn't get more real than the link above.

realistically, law comes down to the cop that is in front of you. if he says it's legal, who cares what the law says. if he says it's illegal, and you disagree then you can bring it to a judge and go from there.

lighting laws suck :down:

no actualy mounting "a flashing, rotating or oscillating red light in any direction" so a NORMAL running light would not be the same... i know what they MEANT.. but i also know what they wrote... they took the time to specify.. then that is how its red..
Old 07-26-2003, 01:27 PM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

no actualy mounting "a flashing, rotating or oscillating red light in any direction" so a NORMAL running light would not be the same... i know what they MEANT.. but i also know what they wrote... they took the time to specify.. then that is how its red..
yea i edited my text a second too late. see above :thumbup:
Old 07-26-2003, 01:27 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

btw.. im NOT arguing.. lol = )