Notices

HID in JDM stanleys H4H...

Old 02-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i found a way for us h4h to have hid for the fraction of the price. go on ebay and look for a d2r oem hid setup either from acura tl, mercedez, ect that used a halogen housin similar to ours. the d2r bulbs have a cut off on the bulb, tho its not sufficient enough, u need to make an addition cut off shield to reduce the upward glare.

with the d2r bulb, u have to cut a little away to fit the h4h housin, then u have to makeshift a bigger and stronger spring clip to hold the bulb down, i seen it done and it works. the output is great and best of all its oem and i seen these oem d2r hid setup goes around 150-300 bukks. tho u will have to lose ur highbeams.

i will try to get this project underway as soon i take care of other crap.

Originally Posted by asiandoood
holy old thread batman!

so what is the status on the modification? i really want to get HID's converted to fit my H4h housing h:
Old 02-05-2004, 10:33 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Outxider
i found a way for us h4h to have hid for the fraction of the price. go on ebay and look for a d2r oem hid setup either from acura tl, mercedez, ect that used a halogen housin similar to ours. the d2r bulbs have a cut off on the bulb, tho its not sufficient enough, u need to make an addition cut off shield to reduce the upward glare.

with the d2r bulb, u have to cut a little away to fit the h4h housin, then u have to makeshift a bigger and stronger spring clip to hold the bulb down, i seen it done and it works. the output is great and best of all its oem and i seen these oem d2r hid setup goes around 150-300 bukks. tho u will have to lose ur highbeams.

i will try to get this project underway as soon i take care of other crap.

im a visual learner... h: let me know when you start the project :thumbup: