Notices

How to make a SOHC VTEC pull like a DOHC VTEC

Old 07-02-2003, 07:44 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to make a SOHC VTEC pull like a DOHC VTEC

Originally posted by asiandoood
im going by numbers. not talk and experience. show me a dynochart and i'll believe you. i give you numbers....you give me talk. no evidence.

what apex claims is for their sale purposes. do you believe everything advertising in magazine's say?

apex claims 160 hp vaguely. does not say what setup nor any evidence. and i doubt they were calculating WHP.
check the edit.

like im saying, i dont know accurate numbers, but i can only proof on what i race against, and beat.

there is no way you can compare a sohc VTEC against any B seiers motor of K for that matter, stock.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:53 PM
rick
not noob?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to make a SOHC VTEC pull like a DOHC VTEC

Originally posted by crucial Si-T
you cant compare our cars together, im 800lbs lighter, FWD, non LSD.

lets just say you have 50 more whp than i, will it be a good race? of course.

no man i'm serious. It wont be a close race.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:57 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to make a SOHC VTEC pull like a DOHC VTEC

check the edit.

like im saying, i dont know accurate numbers, but i can only proof on what i race against, and beat.

there is no way you can compare a sohc VTEC against any B seiers motor of K for that matter, stock.

im not calculating numbers by street racing or drag racing. driver error, situation and enviroment comes into play. im going strictly by numbers. horsepower numbers. im telling you the distance of the sun by calculating light speed with physics. you are telling me the distance of the sun by telling me it is far.

...im comparing a SOHC VTEC turbo motor with stock boost/stock internals against a STOCK 1.6 DOHC motor.

dont get me wrong, im not trying to pick any fight or try to "look" cool. i just dont believe the numbers unless there is hard evidence to back it up.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:57 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to make a SOHC VTEC pull like a DOHC VTEC

Originally posted by rick
no man i'm serious. It wont be a close race.
i dunno man, im not starting shit on here, but you really need to comprehend the weight/hp ratio,

im sure if i catch you on the highway, i can give that bmw a run for its money.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:58 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to make a SOHC VTEC pull like a DOHC VTEC

Originally posted by asiandoood
im not calculating numbers by street racing or drag racing. driver error, situation and enviroment comes into play. im going strictly by numbers. horsepower numbers. im telling you the distance of the sun by calculating light speed with physics. you are telling me the distance of the sun by telling me it is far.

...im comparing a SOHC VTEC turbo motor with stock boost/stock internals against a STOCK 1.6 DOHC motor.

dont get me wrong, im not trying to pick any fight or try to "look" cool. i just dont believe the numbers unless there is hard evidence to back it up.
if i race a stock b16a in its original car its ment for...i will own it 10/10 times. no doubt about it. it wont be a pretty race at all. ill bring my video camera out and tape myself racing my sister bolted on 6th gen Si
Old 07-02-2003, 07:58 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to make a SOHC VTEC pull like a DOHC VTEC

i dunno man, im not starting shit on here, but you really need to comprehend the weight/hp ratio,

ok...now that just sounds ridiculous.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:06 PM
rick
not noob?

this is my last post on this thread.

Fact I have ran in my my 13.93 at the 1/4mi

Fact I have wasted and I mean wasted a S2000 on the freeway with my friend in the passenger seat. 70-xxx I'm not proud of what I did so I never mention it.

If you can back up what you say with a dyno sheet and a time sheet then I'll give you props! Hell next time I'm in Orlando dinner is on me!

As for power to weight. You don't know your power. You know the weight of the car. BTW 3000lb was with 1/4 tank of gas and me in the car.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:07 PM
fish

all i have to say to crucial is that sure he may beat a b16 or in some cases hang with a b16 but big whoopty dooo i have a b16 in my hatch and i know it aint that fast its quick for a honda but not fast. but what i do know is is that i can take that same turbo kit you have and put it on my motor and run 13's which i know your d series isnt capable of.

you want proof okay well here it is...

my buddy has a 95 civic ex automatic 4dr. which just happens to be the heaviest 5th gen made he slapped a turbo kit on it and it would hang with a b18b hatch so he got a swap a b16 to be exact w/ an auto to manual conversion. he still had that d series turbo kit laying around so he port matched the exhaust manifold and hooked it up to his b series motor. what did he run you ask oh only a 14.5 @ 97mph so you take off oh about 800lbs from the 4dr which is the difference from his to mine and slap a d series turbo kit on it i promise 13's

so what i am saying is that your turboed d16 isnt all that great cause the v8's and all the other stuff you boast about beating i can beat too and i have a stock b16 hatch which has a lot more room for potential then your d16 which is almost at its peak.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:37 AM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

Originally posted by onebadassdx
boost

pshhh boost on a sohc pulls way better than a n/a dohc, i'm offended you even suggested that :fawk:
Old 07-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

Originally posted by fish
all i have to say to crucial is that sure he may beat a b16 or in some cases hang with a b16 but big whoopty dooo i have a b16 in my hatch and i know it aint that fast its quick for a honda but not fast. but what i do know is is that i can take that same turbo kit you have and put it on my motor and run 13's which i know your d series isnt capable of.

you want proof okay well here it is...

my buddy has a 95 civic ex automatic 4dr. which just happens to be the heaviest 5th gen made he slapped a turbo kit on it and it would hang with a b18b hatch so he got a swap a b16 to be exact w/ an auto to manual conversion. he still had that d series turbo kit laying around so he port matched the exhaust manifold and hooked it up to his b series motor. what did he run you ask oh only a 14.5 @ 97mph so you take off oh about 800lbs from the 4dr which is the difference from his to mine and slap a d series turbo kit on it i promise 13's

so what i am saying is that your turboed d16 isnt all that great cause the v8's and all the other stuff you boast about beating i can beat too and i have a stock b16 hatch which has a lot more room for potential then your d16 which is almost at its peak.
you are retarded...

first of all, i dont' even think about racing b16 equipped cars unless they are FI anymore because that motor just plain sucks. If you're gonna swap at least do a GSR. Hell i'm beating 5-6 psi greddy turbo SI's so stock internal d16 vs stock internal b16 on the same boost it's 50/50. Anyways...he is only on 6 psi right now, just wait till he goes to 8+ he will be spanking your ass so hard you won't know what you were racing.

I ran a 14.1 @ 99 with a really bad fuel setup and a 2.36 60 foot in a heavy ass 00 ex coupe with leather interior, crucial has a hatch so i guarantee you he will be in the 13's with some more work. Besides apex doesn't even make a kit for the b16 so :fawk: And your friend must be a real shitty driver if he can only pull a 14.5 with a 97 trap, hell my 14.1 was only a 99 trap and my 60 foot was already terrible.

And to rick...what was your 60 foot on your 13.9 run, you are RWD so i bet you have a pretty good launch out of the hole. I'm willing to bet your trap isn't much over 100mph if at all and s2000's aren't very impressive on the highway, i've beaten quite a few from a roll and i only trap between 99 on my old setup to maybe 101-102 now.