Notices

How to make a SOHC VTEC pull like a DOHC VTEC

Old 07-02-2003, 09:10 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by crucial Si-T
how do you figure that?
160-170 at the wheels is not fast to me. If it is to you or him that's good.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:15 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by wilsel
ok ill ask... what is your setup?? and what kind of power are you making..

although i DO agree that its not FAST.. i would say that it is at least quick
Old 07-02-2003, 09:24 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by oc_civic
ok ill ask... what is your setup?? and what kind of power are you making..

although i DO agree that its not FAST.. i would say that it is at least quick
Not even that fast, but after riding in some SOHC with FI I know that is not the route I want to go. It is a big improvement over a stock EX I'll give you that. Westcoaststyle will be what I consider "fast".
Old 07-02-2003, 09:39 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Not even that fast, but after riding in some SOHC with FI I know that is not the route I want to go. It is a big improvement over a stock EX I'll give you that. Westcoaststyle will be what I consider "fast".
i was curious as to what you have.. i KNOW what he has.. lol and i had a friend named eric with a turbo h22.. that was QUICK (car also blew itself up but thats another story)... but the reality is, that is not the norm.. i think that if you cut a low 14 to high 13 that is decently quick in a honda civic... fast for a car that started its life making 16 sec passes on its best day...... although in reality after becoming intwined with the street racing scene in my area, and seeing 10 second mustangs make passes on the street that kinda shattered my whole perception of imports being quick.. 10 sec v8's are FAST... not 13 second hondas.. lol
Old 07-02-2003, 10:58 AM
crucial Si
Banned

i hang with all kinds of mustangs and all kinds of v8s on the highway..but i guess thats not good enough.

in a car that only weighs 2200lbs..sure its alot.

my car is as untuned as it gets, when i finish my setup soon, ill be pushing over 200whp without being built...
Old 07-02-2003, 12:14 PM
CptMidway

i hang with all kinds of mustangs and all kinds of v8s on the highway..but i guess thats not good enough.

in a car that only weighs 2200lbs..sure its alot.

my car is as untuned as it gets, when i finish my setup soon, ill be pushing over 200whp without being built...
What are your 1/4 mile times??
Old 07-02-2003, 01:35 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by CptMidway
What are your 1/4 mile times??
since ive been F/I...i have not been to the track, its been raining every chance i try and go, so im waiting, hopefully within the next couple weeks it will stop raining and be worth going up.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:15 PM
CptMidway

since ive been F/I...i have not been to the track, its been raining every chance i try and go, so im waiting, hopefully within the next couple weeks it will stop raining and be worth going up.
If you don't mind me asking what are your mods and what times are you hoping for? Any dyno runs at all? That might give you a rought idea of where you should be in the 1/4
Old 07-02-2003, 02:17 PM
spooncivicb16b

Originally posted by oc_civic
in straight line??? i beg to differ.. i KNOW that a STOCK ex is NOT fast.. but niether is an si.. i know that on paper a STOCK SI should RAPE a stock EX.. but i also know what i have expierienced and well.. im less than impressed with the stock b16a, but then again you have a "spoon b16b" so of course you would be a whole nother story... oh no wait... aren't you the guy that doesn't have a b16b or spoon internals??
wow sweet i guess i got owned by the one of the biggest douche's in the universe( aside from crucial that is)
Old 07-02-2003, 02:18 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by CptMidway
If you don't mind me asking what are your mods and what times are you hoping for? Any dyno runs at all? That might give you a rought idea of where you should be in the 1/4
eh, hard to tell, roughly mid 14s maybe better...its going to be hard to tell becuase of my shitty clutch. hopefully i can cross the line @97+mph though. i havent hit the dyno yet, i have nothing to tune off of yet, i will once i get the vafc or safc and FMIC.

i run better on highways, in my longer gears, 3-4 with constant spool, its great.

oh my mods..
umm, apexi ball bearing turbo kit, thats really it for speed.