Notices

HEADLIGHTS...what tha f***

Old 05-21-2003, 01:49 AM
VTECutie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEADLIGHTS...what tha f***

Ok.. I have not been on here for ever, but this is fking crazy and I need some help... I had these gay purple headlights in my car, but I was told later they were just "show lights" not really headlights, I couldnt see for sht with them but whatever... So time goes on and they start screwing up, tha left headlight wouldnt come on, tha right one wouldnt, brights didnt work whatever.. Sometimes theyd work fine, it just depended... Lately theyve been going to crap! So tonight we get in my car to run some people home, and one of them doesnt go on, we get to this guys house and I smell something nasty... We get out and my fking headlights are SCREWED! Tha damn harness or whatever was melted and somethin just fked up and they popped my hood and smoke started rollin out and all u smelt was burnt plastic, those damn bulbs fked my car up hardcore! So wtf! I need to no what kind of pretty bulbs I can get that wont be to high to screw my crap up again and that will work! Everyone has tha pretty blue ones but some people have really blue ones, I want tha really blue ones but where do I get them at and I need to no 4 a fact they wont screw my sht up again and make my sht spark... that was crazy sht... I had to turn my damn car off and get a ride with someone else, because of my fking headlights! What a bunch of sht... I am not getting headlights from tha guy I did before because obviously he fked my car up good with those purple piece of sht ones... So please let me no, THANK YOU

*Alz
Old 05-21-2003, 02:58 AM
HouseofKolorEX
I get off on WD 40

Well... first off... garbage the purple ones right now. I also have a 95 EX. Just pull out the old purple bulb... the housing stays. You can go to Auto Zone... they have the pretty blue bulbs... not like the ones that come on the Lexus'... but these are pretty none the less for a good price. They say Xenon or something on the front of the package... it's been awhile. If you fried your wires from your lights... you may have to replace those. Never had to do that before. First check your fuses under your dash, then get those new bulbs. If your wires are hashed and are bare or near bare... REPLACE THEM! You don't want to spark another fire! Keep up posted.

Mindi
Old 05-21-2003, 03:45 AM
onebadassdx

i don't know about your honda dealers over there, but my honda dealer sells those pretty blue headlight bulbs...and when i say blue i mean blue, the glass part of them are very blue...good price too, i think they go for like 40.00? or you could go with PIAA for like 90.00.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:25 AM
HouseofKolorEX
I get off on WD 40

I avoid the dealer like the plague.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:59 AM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

Originally posted by HouseofKolorEX
I avoid the dealer like the plague.
:werd:

Replace the bulbs asap and check the wires. What kind of bulbs were the purple ones?
Old 05-21-2003, 05:53 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know exactly what happened, it's classic:

Those bulbs were probably 85W not 55W. The stock harnesses are made for 55W bulbs and if you run above that, the harnesses get too hot and end up welding themselves to the headlight and/or the housing. If you want to run over 55W you need to get one of the harnesses that comes with a lot of the projection kits.

You need to make sure to get 55W bulbs unless you get a new harness (upgraded).
Old 05-21-2003, 09:05 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading that over and over..

I say, fix the harness if it's melted. And stay away from over-wattage bulbs.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 05-21-2003, 09:11 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

just go get some standard H4 oem bulbs from autozone or pepboys. oem works best. unless u upgrade to hid. those hyperwhite crap is plain ghey. then again i have raybrigs but they r a pure white color and no problems here.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:26 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Outxider
just go get some standard H4 oem bulbs from autozone or pepboys. oem works best. unless u upgrade to hid. those hyperwhite crap is plain ghey. then again i have raybrigs but they r a pure white color and no problems here.
werd, Raybrig own!
Old 05-21-2003, 09:46 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

yeah happened to me too.. i just got one of those higher wattage wiring kits