Notices

AEM or AXXIS Ultimate pads?

Old 04-09-2003, 02:47 PM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was leaning toward the AXXIS pads.

But the AEM pads are $20 cheaper. Where can I get them for $40?

-- I have stock rotors.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

Originally posted by 4-banging
autozone brands, under $40.00 and a lifetime warranty :thumbup:

i agree 100%, at least just for daily street driving. I'm on my 2nd set and i only paid about 32 bux including tax. I'm happy
Old 04-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Slammed_Civic

i would have to go with the EBC Greenstuff, once they get warmed up they worked great, the dust is about the same as a oem pad, but they are slightly more expensive
But, hey, the ones we are comparing is Axxis and aem, i would go aem
Old 04-09-2003, 10:44 PM
supapoopa

Well from what i've read about the EBC pads is mixed. Some swear they are increadible, others say they are a big waste of money and wear quickly. These two pads have had the most approval from other members from this board and others so those were the two I picked to decide between.

Thanks for the replies. Anymore personal experience with either pad would be great. I'll be checking this thread before I order them.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:45 AM
wxt
Innercity

Originally posted by supapoopa
Well from what i've read about the EBC pads is mixed. Some swear they are increadible, others say they are a big waste of money and wear quickly. These two pads have had the most approval from other members from this board and others so those were the two I picked to decide between.

Thanks for the replies. Anymore personal experience with either pad would be great. I'll be checking this thread before I order them.
about AEM.....a friend of mine had AEM under good pressure and after 2 and a half hours on a track there were long gone.

AEM would be good for daily driver where u won't slam on the brakes all the time but for track they are worthless

he got a set of greenstuff, but didn't run with them yet...i'll tell u guys how they held up at the track
Old 04-10-2003, 10:01 AM
supapoopa

Originally posted by stevieteg
The axxis need a lot of heat to really perform well.

Is that true for the Ultimate's. Do they still make a good pad for Daily driving... grab like the Aem during normal driving but have better fade resistence when I get on it through mountain passes.

I like to take my car out every once in a while with the shocks on full stiff though some tight windy roads by my house... I was kind of leaning toward a pad that will perform well during hard braking, perform better then a regular replacement pad for daily driving, and with hopefully less wear on the pad (and less dust).

Would the Ultimate's suit me better? I don't want to eat through pads in a few weeks from going through the twisties on the weekends... especially with summer coming up (will be out more).
Old 04-10-2003, 11:05 AM
dantastic
cx power!

for regular drving: oem > anything else
Old 04-10-2003, 11:24 AM
DakarM

Originally posted by supapoopa
Is that true for the Ultimate's. Do they still make a good pad for Daily driving... grab like the Aem during normal driving but have better fade resistence when I get on it through mountain passes.

I like to take my car out every once in a while with the shocks on full stiff though some tight windy roads by my house... I was kind of leaning toward a pad that will perform well during hard braking, perform better then a regular replacement pad for daily driving, and with hopefully less wear on the pad (and less dust).

Would the Ultimate's suit me better? I don't want to eat through pads in a few weeks from going through the twisties on the weekends... especially with summer coming up (will be out more).
I've heard a few people that have said that about the Axxis. but they never specify which pad. There are at least 2 different axxis pads. one is strictly track/racing pad which requires warm up. The other two a higher performance street/track pads.

but unless you're going to be doing repeated hard stops the AEM or the stock oem pads will be fine.

stay away from ebc, green/red/etc stuff. they are not very consistent and while you might get lucky and get good pads, I've talked to wayy to many people that had bad pads which caused pad transfer to the rotors. pad material transfer will make it feel like the rotor is warped.

I don't trust them after that happend to my M Coupe rotors.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:18 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look for a groupbuy on groupbuycenter.com with the vendor raceconcepts.net. They totally hooked me up, all four corners axxis ultimate for $85 shipped.

Axxis Ultimate is the shit that comes with stoptech race packages for vipers, S4s, etc, etc.... its the good shit.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:35 PM
stevieteg

Originally posted by dantastic
for regular drving: oem > anything else
AEM's are cheaper then oem's. And they are made by the same company. So why buy oem? With stock rotors I don't really think it will make a huge difference either way. I have slotted rotors and was told the oem pads would not work well. aem is good for me.