Notices

coilover/camber install

Old 04-06-2003, 01:52 PM
ZimZimma13
Boston Dirt Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coilover/camber install

Hi I'm new to posting....although I've been reading alot of old posts and learned alot of info! Thanks!

I have GC coilovers and Ingalls camber kit on the way and I cant decide between trying to install myself or having a shop do it. I read some old posts and you guys make it sound like coils are easy to do if you have time and semi know what you're doing. But what about the camber kit??? Can I install it and try to adjust it then just bring it to the shop and have them adjust the camber, alignment etc? I'll pay if I have to but im in college so money is tight and im still making car payments so i want to save money. by the way my car is a 98 EX coupe. Also If anyone found a site with some pics of doing this type of install that would be great. Thanks
Old 04-06-2003, 02:42 PM
rawkus
(oYo)

lowering it yourself is pretty easy. heres a how to . i havn't had any experience w/ a camber correction kit and looked for a write up, but w/ no avail. sorry i can't help you out there
Old 04-06-2003, 05:19 PM
b00gers

and heres a good how to on the ingalls kit.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=55011
Old 04-06-2003, 05:55 PM
aero3685

well, camber kit is really really easy, just loosening shit, and putting it back together. MAKE SURE YOU PUT GREASE ALL AROUND THE BOLT HOLDING THE CAMBER KIT TO THE ARM. Or else you will kill yourself listening to the sqeaks.
As for the coils, those are easy also, 2 people would be helpful, but i did mine the first time by myself. But take them to a shop to get the top part compressed off/on.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:34 PM
ZimZimma13
Boston Dirt Dog

Thanks for the links and help guys. aero when you talk about taking it to the shop to get the top part compressed on/off....can I do that myself if I borrow a spring compressor???
Old 04-06-2003, 09:31 PM
rawkus
(oYo)

i really would suggest taking it to a shop to get the springs taken off. it shouldn't cost more than 15-20 bucks. if you can borrow a compressor it's not a big deal to put the new ones back on.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:28 PM
b00gers

i just rent a compressor for the springs. taking it to the shop is some trouble if the shop is not in walking distance.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:18 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rawkus
i really would suggest taking it to a shop to get the springs taken off. it shouldn't cost more than 15-20 bucks. if you can borrow a compressor it's not a big deal to put the new ones back on.
Its not really hard to do it yourself with the proper tools. Just plan extra time in case you screw up or run into difficulties (as you should always do when working on any car). The experience will teach you more about working on cars, and make you more in tune with your ride. Experience is the best way to learn anything.:thumbup:
Old 04-07-2003, 10:47 PM
rawkus
(oYo)

i've had a coil shoot out of the spring compressor once, after that experience i've opted to take them to a shop to get that part taken care for me. so if you do it yourself be careful
Old 04-08-2003, 08:02 AM
aero3685

Originally posted by rawkus
i've had a coil shoot out of the spring compressor once, after that experience i've opted to take them to a shop to get that part taken care for me. so if you do it yourself be careful
Thats why I think its better to take them to a shop. I just called up some place, and he did it for free.

But i guess it all depends on if there is a nearby shop and you have a way of getting there w/o your car