Notices

putting a EX sunroof in a 2002 LX

Old 02-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Tenzo
Mazada RX8 *drools*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting a EX sunroof in a 2002 LX

Hey everyone, my G/f has a 2002 civic and she wants to put a sunroof in it. Im assuming that the EX sunroof would fit but you guys got any clue how much parts and labor would be for something like that.

Shes already tried to turn it in and get the EX but its not going to happen, so she wants to put a sunroof in her LX 4 door, lemme know.

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:51 AM
IamThFEAR

If your really serious, have one of them tint/sunroof shops put it for you. It' won't be factory Honda stuff, but then again it won't cost you a fortune like the way your talking about doing it. Just my .02 cents.

lates
Old 02-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Mike
Banned

What's the problem with trading the car in for an EX? That's your best bet. Anything put in may be prone to leaking and will not be covered under a factory warranty. My strong suggestion is to do what you can to trade the car in for an EX.

But if that is completely out of the question look for a place that installs sunroofs...I think the roof is welded onto the body of the car for structural reinforcement.

Also, you can look into have a sliding canvas roof put in.

Mike
Old 02-05-2003, 09:01 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Originally posted by Mike
What's the problem with trading the car in for an EX? That's your best bet. Anything put in may be prone to leaking and will not be covered under a factory warranty. My strong suggestion is to do what you can to trade the car in for an EX.

But if that is completely out of the question look for a place that installs sunroofs...I think the roof is welded onto the body of the car for structural reinforcement.

Also, you can look into have a sliding canvas roof put in.

Mike
i coldn't agree more.. EVERYONE (not that many but enough) who have gotten a sun roof instaled AFTER initial production have GREATLY regreted it.. serious leakage problems.. i would also STRONGLY advise against it
Old 02-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

stock moon roofs have drain pipes that run from the moonroof to the sides of the car. no aftermarket moonroof place puts that stuff in.

i would def. just buy a car with a moonroof if I HAD to have it.
-----
Old 02-06-2003, 06:09 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

doesn't a sun roof add about 300Lbs to your car? Thats one thing i like about me CX no power anything and no sunroof= less weight.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Mike
Banned

Originally posted by HatchCX
doesn't a sun roof add about 300Lbs to your car? Thats one thing i like about me CX no power anything and no sunroof= less weight.
No a sunroof doesn't add 300 pounds do your car. And I don't think he/she's worried about weight.

Mike