Notices

What short shifters actually work in a Del Sol?

Old 01-22-2003, 06:28 AM
jigga008_99
JDM all day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What short shifters actually work in a Del Sol?

I have heard of people buying short shifters for their Del Sols and it actually has a longer shift throw than the stock shifter. I'm looking for a short shifter that has a dramatically shorter shift throw while not thrashing my transmission nor rattling because of the bushings. I have no clue what companies make a true short shifter for the Del Sol and not just a Civic copycat. I would also like a short shifter with either the same height or lower than stock shifter height. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Sols use the exact same shifter as a civic... So, anything for a civic or 3rd gen teg will work.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:50 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

...which brings up the question - what ARE the lowest (in height) and shortest (in throw) shifters?
Old 01-23-2003, 05:42 AM
brancato1
Great Taste, Less Filling

What I did, was take a 94+ integra Short Shifter, and cut several inches off of the top (because the integra and civic shifters are longer than the del sol's up top). I took about 3-4 inches off, and re-threaded the shifter. Throw is great... feels really solid, and is much shorter than stock.

I don't know if any of you who try this will have problems with the shifter hitting the top of your exhaust though... that will have to be looked into.

By the way... I think that OBX came out with an adjustable throw shifter, that lets you adjust where the pivot ball sits, so that you can customize the throw.... may be worth checking out.
Good Luck