Notices

do I need a camber kit?

Old 12-15-2002, 08:27 AM
HLD_Civic
se7en

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do I need a camber kit?

i just have a few questions about camber kits. i dropped my 94 h/b on h&r sports. i thought that that was about the lowest drop you could go on a civic without messing up the camber. i was just looking at my civic from the front though and it appears that the front wheels lean inward slightly. is that a camber problem? also, will a camber kit fix that? is 1.75" front drop in need of camber kit? any info will help. thanks a lot.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:41 AM

if it looks like its leaning, you probably need one, isn't a camber kit suppose to fix camber problems? you dont really need one, your tires just goes away faster
Old 12-15-2002, 09:54 AM
nando11211

The inside tires will wear out faster if you see that your tires are leaning in, towards the car. It seems you have negative camber by how you describe it. You can get a camber kit for the front if you choose, I dont know which ones are good though other people who know more about this can recommend which brands are good. If you have the same problem with the rear wheels then I know that you can use washers to fix the camber.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:51 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Did you get an alignment done after the drop? You may have toe in/out problems.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:01 AM
b00gers

its not really the camber that messes up the tires, its mainly the toe settings. i say if you are under -2degrees, get a camber kit, if you are more than -2degrees, get the car aligned, and keep up with the rotation of the tires.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:35 PM
HLD_Civic
se7en

no, i haven't gotten an alignment. probably pretty stupid but i'm using my winter tires still. i was going to wait until after winter for the alignment, when i put my new wheels on. i normally keep up on tire rotation, but how often is it recommended? thanks for the help.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:37 PM
b00gers

i rotate everytime i change my oil....3-4k
Old 12-15-2002, 12:42 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally posted by HLD_Civic
no, i haven't gotten an alignment. probably pretty stupid but i'm using my winter tires still. i was going to wait until after winter for the alignment, when i put my new wheels on. i normally keep up on tire rotation, but how often is it recommended? thanks for the help.

After taking apart your suspension, you should have an alignment done b/c the toe in/out settings will be off. Toe in/out will eat up your tires as fast or faster than camber will.

Rotate your tires every other oil change or around every 5-6k miles.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:45 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

Originally posted by asiandoood
Did you get an alignment done after the drop? You may have toe in/out problems.
:thumbup: Always get an alignment after messing with the suspension.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:09 PM
toadolson
The One And Only!!!

Hope this helps.

I just had neuspeed sport springs, kyb gr-2 struts installed on my car last tuesday(10dec). I have a 94 civic dx coupe. When i had the suspension installed, I had them do the a progressive camber on the front. When they lowered my car, it came out with a positive camber. Had them pull it off and it went back straight. Now that it's been on the car for a week, I noticed a little camber due to the suspension relaxing. Got the alignment done the next morning(11dec). They said the toe was out bad(+/- 3 to 4). All the camber setting were ok but the front drivers side due to a wreck in the past. A little is ok, but if tires wear is a problem, camber is a must. Don't due the Progressive camber kit due to the fact is a fix adjustment(non-adjustable).