Notices

greddy turbo or rev-hard turbo?...

Old 11-07-2002, 09:54 PM
lostcause

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy turbo or rev-hard turbo?...

which turbo kit is better for a 94 civic ex a greddy turbo kit or the rev-hard turbo kit and whats the diffrence?
Old 11-08-2002, 03:33 AM
T-RO

Well if I was buying one tomorrow I would get the Revhard Stage 2 kit from their website. its on sale until Jan. :thumbup:
Old 11-08-2002, 11:05 AM
SpeedRacerEX-R

Rev Hard
Old 11-08-2002, 11:08 AM
Paulll
Hail Bent

Originally posted by SpeedRacerEX-R
Rev Hard
Even tho their Dyno charts are not 100% honest
Old 11-08-2002, 11:09 AM
ManTiS
NinJA

little money/good power = GReddy
more money/better power = Revhard
even more money/best power = custom
Old 11-08-2002, 11:32 AM
SpeedRacerEX-R

Originally posted by Paulll
Even tho their Dyno charts are not 100% honest
That's Christian Rado for ya.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:18 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: greddy turbo or rev-hard turbo?...

Originally posted by lostcause
which turbo kit is better for a 94 civic ex a greddy turbo kit or the rev-hard turbo kit and whats the diffrence?
Of the two, I would probably get the RevHard. The GReddy SOHC comes with a smaller turbo and is pretty much bare bones(no ic, no bov, fuel management is a joke). The RevHard, while it costs like $1000 more is pretty complete, and comes with a larger turbo(T3/T04B or E, I forget), ic, bov. The only aspect in which the RevHard kit might be considered less complete than the GReddy is the downpipe. RevHard realizes that a lot of people have hybrids, custom exhausts, or other constraints that limit how their downpipe can be routed, so they provide you with a half-complete downpipe. It basically goes from the turbine down to under the oilpan. Then, you can add a flex section and whatever flange you want. The RevHard kit comes with a 12:1 FMU and an inline pump, which is adequate for 7-10lbs of boost, but not really the ideal setup. It's still better than the GReddy fuel management setup, though. The GReddy kit is a good street setup, with its quick spool and great fit. Its weaknesses are that it doesn't come with a lot of the components that are almost mandatory with a turbo setup, and that the cost of adding these components pretty much makes up the price difference between it and the RevHard kit. The Revhard kit, is generally complete, with the exception of the DP, but there's still room for improvement, especially with the fuel management components. The RevHard kit's larger turbo is good for more overall power, but will suffer more lag than the smaller GReddy/Mitsu TD04.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:45 AM
FDragger
the F is a secret :shhh:

nice post inspy

i would also consider maxrev. check out hondatech's forced induction page for the group buy.

remember......do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:01 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Originally posted by inspyral
The MaxRev kits don't come with any fuel management, and you have to weld your own (provided)piping. I don't really like their manifolds, but they're better than the DRAG ones. The MAxRev DP's are really nice, though. 2.5" with flex. You can also choose the specs of your turbo, but the MaxRevs come with T3/T04E's(unless you upgrade to a T3/60-1), and even with a small trim it might not spool as fast as some people would like. It's a good base to start with if you know what fuel components you want to run. If you go MaxRev, I would get the package that comes with the Hondata S200, and then all you would need is some big injectors and get it tuned. Plus you get the nifty 3-step. Oh, you would need an OBD-I ECU and an adapter harness too, since you're OBD-II.
*This is from another post, disregard the OBD-II stuff, since you're OBD-I*
Old 11-09-2002, 12:04 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Here's the MaxRev deal:
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=302845
Kyle(2K_TEG) has great customer service.