Notices

b18(turbo)/b18(2ltr stroke & turbo)/k20(toda)

Old 02-29-2008, 03:11 PM
weefrenchsailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18(turbo)/b18(2ltr stroke & turbo)/k20(toda)

i know these engine threads are a dime a dozen, so why should this be any different. i finially have a full suspension kit installed (yippie!) with coilovers, front and rear camber kit, sway bars, lca's. im now wanting some more power. i want either a b18 turbo(full race stg 1gt), a b18 with a 2ltr stroker kit and turbo, or an na k20(toda engine kit, itb's, the works). im looking for around 250-350hp. this is going to be mainly for autox and hpde. budget is not really an option because i know im going to have to save for it all regardless, atleast i could get the b18 first then the turbo. does anybody know of good stroker kits? basically i just need some oppinions/advice. does anybody have a full race turbo kit or a toda k20? anything will help! thanks guys!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For autox you'd want a pretty linear power band. I've seen a few people running the stage 1 full-race kit with a turbo that spools at a lower RPM to get rid of the lag and maintaining boost through corners so they don't drop out at a turn, hit boost, and go straight instead of around the corner.

But honestly if I wasn't going in a straight line I'd stay naturally aspirated. If you put a turbo kit on the car it will most likely bump you into something like a super modified class where you'll be racing against a lot of higher end cars with a lot more money put into them.