Notices

Dash/Corner/Tail lights stopped working - fuse is fine - please help

Old 12-07-2006, 07:21 AM
tommyhcky13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im pretty sure you dont need that wire hooked up. it just makes the lights on the radio dimmer when the headlights are on
Old 12-07-2006, 08:06 AM
mitsurugi

Originally Posted by tommyhcky13
im pretty sure you dont need that wire hooked up. it just makes the lights on the radio dimmer when the headlights are on
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. The wire is labeled "positive dimmer" on my wiring harness, but I don't see a "negative dimmer" so I think there is just one wire. Hopefully this weekend I can work on it a little. I'm finishing up this semester and pretty busy during the week for now.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:45 PM
tommyhcky13

good luck keep us posted
Old 12-09-2006, 04:32 PM
mitsurugi

Originally Posted by tommyhcky13
good luck keep us posted
Ok, well I went out today and put my cd player back in without changing anything - I hooked up all of the wires the same way, even the dimmer wire to see what would happen. And guess what happened - all of the lights worked just fine. I must have reset something when I unhooked the cd player and then when I hooked it back up it was fine

Well anyway, I guess I have a cd player with a dimmer and all my lights for now. I suppose if my lights go out again I'll have a suspect.