Notices

The next big Rota movement....

Old 09-27-2002, 09:12 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by skubb
I've got my real wheels, but why were the Rota Grids shut down so quickly?

How bout some RO_JA replicas

Rota Grids were nice wheels. Dont know why they discontinued it that fast.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:49 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

they look like tenzo sinko's
Old 09-27-2002, 12:43 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by qtiger
Actual, I believe the only movement of Rota is angular....
the movement is tangetial. the moment is angular.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:47 PM
D16Y8

Got to admit, Rota does copy some of the best looking wheels. I really like the new wheel, does any one know if thats a red lip painted?

Rob
Old 09-27-2002, 12:51 PM
joebenz
nelson rules

damn.. they look good. ...i never wanted to say this...but i may have to invest in some rotas h:
Old 09-27-2002, 01:15 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally posted by igo4bmx
they look like tenzo sinko's

look at them again. tenzo sinkos are an awful copy.

the RNR's and GroupN side by side are identical.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:06 PM
S2Kev

awww sweeeet!
Old 09-27-2002, 11:15 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

here's an interesting read:

quoted from another board

"Let me get this straight. has anyone heard of PAWI (Philippine Aluminum Wheel Inc.) ?
The main brand that PAWI has since 1976 is Rota, which are made in the Philippines. Now here's the suprise....

In the past decades, PAWI has acquired the biggest wheel companies in the world, the likes of ENKEI, BBS (MOMO wheels) C'EC (RUF, BREYTON wheels), BORBET, O-Z, CROMODORA, and other smaller companies in China and Korea.
Ad here are some companies that PAWI makes wheels for...
MUGEN
SPARCO (remember the VIPER FANGS?)
5-zigen (Takeshi Ind. also used to make some for them)
YOKOHAMA
KONIG
TENZO
ASA
and other smaller US companies which they deal with.
I got most of those info from aa ASIAN Economy magazine feature on the company because of it's recent success w/ the SlipStream, Circuit 8, and the Sub-0...

DESMOND (SW388, Regamaster EVO, Monster Sports Star) is not affilated w/ PAWI. The reason DESMOND has no say about the SlipStream, is because the lip, and the spokes are a little different. Same reason as the Takeshi's 0-35, and Sub-0.

In the same note, RH EVOlution wheels are "NOT" made by RACING HART (Takeshi Ind.). RH EVO are distributed by DAZZ as well as the RACING HART. RH being Racing harts are just assumption by others because they are distirbuted by the same company.
If you carefully look at the ads, both brands is on the same page, but separated. You got to remember that the ad is a DAZZ advertisement not Racing Harts. Plus, if a shop sold you RH EVO's like the m5000, M5 Evo, C2 Evo, C3 Evo, C15, Cp8-R, and S-7, and it was written on your receipt that it's RACING HART's, you can actually take legal action against them. And DAZZ won't support them because DAZZ never said it's RACING HART's. "

and to add to this...most of the 5Zigen wheels arent really 5zigen wheels, but distributed by AKT USA that ditributes 5zigen
Old 09-27-2002, 11:20 PM
D16Y8

Good info, good find Doood!

Personally I had nothing but good things to say about Rota. I had three sets, my friends had a few sets and no one every had a problem.

Rob
Old 09-27-2002, 11:27 PM
b00gers

Originally posted by asiandoood
here's an interesting read:

quoted from another board

"Let me get this straight. has anyone heard of PAWI (Philippine Aluminum Wheel Inc.) ?
The main brand that PAWI has since 1976 is Rota, which are made in the Philippines. Now here's the suprise....

In the past decades, PAWI has acquired the biggest wheel companies in the world, the likes of ENKEI, BBS (MOMO wheels) C'EC (RUF, BREYTON wheels), BORBET, O-Z, CROMODORA, and other smaller companies in China and Korea.
Ad here are some companies that PAWI makes wheels for...
MUGEN
SPARCO (remember the VIPER FANGS?)
5-zigen (Takeshi Ind. also used to make some for them)
YOKOHAMA
KONIG
TENZO
ASA
and other smaller US companies which they deal with.
I got most of those info from aa ASIAN Economy magazine feature on the company because of it's recent success w/ the SlipStream, Circuit 8, and the Sub-0...

DESMOND (SW388, Regamaster EVO, Monster Sports Star) is not affilated w/ PAWI. The reason DESMOND has no say about the SlipStream, is because the lip, and the spokes are a little different. Same reason as the Takeshi's 0-35, and Sub-0.

In the same note, RH EVOlution wheels are "NOT" made by RACING HART (Takeshi Ind.). RH EVO are distributed by DAZZ as well as the RACING HART. RH being Racing harts are just assumption by others because they are distirbuted by the same company.
If you carefully look at the ads, both brands is on the same page, but separated. You got to remember that the ad is a DAZZ advertisement not Racing Harts. Plus, if a shop sold you RH EVO's like the m5000, M5 Evo, C2 Evo, C3 Evo, C15, Cp8-R, and S-7, and it was written on your receipt that it's RACING HART's, you can actually take legal action against them. And DAZZ won't support them because DAZZ never said it's RACING HART's. "

and to add to this...most of the 5Zigen wheels arent really 5zigen wheels, but distributed by AKT USA that ditributes 5zigen
that WAS pretty interesting. rota are nice. i might be looking to trade mine for bronze c8s though.:thumbup: in 16s.