Notices

Fog/Driving light question- PIAA??

Old 09-19-2002, 07:24 PM
str8edgexx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog/Driving light question- PIAA??

I have some cheap Pepboys special foglights on my car right now. I noticed tonight that the entire chrome colored housing that the bulb sits in that projects the light is melted/rusted away on one of them....I guess thats what you get for $45. Anyway, I want to get some GOOD foglights. Are PIAAs worth all the money you spend on them? Are they worth ~$200?? How are Pilots? I know they're like $80 or so. Are they any good? Anyone else have any other suggestions for brands to look at?? Thanks in advance.

ps. I want oval shaped ones, similar looking to this, not the little circle projector ones:
Old 09-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PIAA's are one of, if not THE BEST fog light manufacturers. :thumbup: PIAA (My opinion).
My friends have these and they're great: PIAA 1500

Those cheap crap you buy at stores don't come close or cut it.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-19-2002, 07:46 PM
xBaByGrLx

Look at mine down there.. they're Hella Optilux.. I luvv them and their madd brite white.. $59.99 at JC Whitney..
Old 09-19-2002, 07:48 PM
xBaByGrLx

These are them:

Old 09-20-2002, 02:39 AM
str8edgexx

Originally posted by xBaByGrLx
Look at mine down there.. they're Hella Optilux.. I luvv them and their madd brite white.. $59.99 at JC Whitney..
How is the quality though? Are they made well? I'm more concerned with them being made of quality materials as compared to how bright they are.
Old 09-20-2002, 04:24 AM
xBaByGrLx

Yeah, they're made pretty well.. I've had them for a while now, and the bulbs have never blown out, the casings are still all good and I still luvv them lol
Old 09-20-2002, 04:26 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Originally posted by str8edgexx
How is the quality though? Are they made well? I'm more concerned with them being made of quality materials as compared to how bright they are.
hella is a very quality company.. nto to be confused with matrix/ractive/etc.. (no offense to anyone) , but hella is NOTHING liek these companies.... they have probably been in the lighting industry longer than piaa... maybe not as bright or whatever but quality.. YES.. good quality:thumbup:
Old 09-20-2002, 08:12 AM
str8edgexx

I've seen Optilux by Hella lights...are these any good? I know Hella makes the lights that all the guys put on their trucks, so I know thats a good company...but whats the deal with Optilux?
Old 09-20-2002, 12:30 PM
str8edgexx

Originally posted by EliteAccord
Yea Hella and PIAA are two good brands to consider. Also when you consider fog lights there are many types. Do you want a light that is spread or narrow and project in front of your car?
I have driving lights now, that project far ahead. I think I want actual Fog lights this time, ones that don't project that far, but are very wide.

On another note, looking online, Hella Foglights are like $60-$80s or so, while PIAAs are $160-$200+...are PIAAs that much better or are you paying for the name. Basically, are PIAAs worth what you spend on them?? I want to buy these foglights once and have them last me for the rest of the time I have the car...not have the same thing happen to me as with the ones I have now. Which ones are gonna last me???
Old 09-20-2002, 01:13 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Originally posted by str8edgexx

I have driving lights now, that project far ahead. I think I want actual Fog lights this time, ones that don't project that far, but are very wide.

On another note, looking online, Hella Foglights are like $60-$80s or so, while PIAAs are $160-$200+...are PIAAs that much better or are you paying for the name. Basically, are PIAAs worth what you spend on them?? I want to buy these foglights once and have them last me for the rest of the time I have the car...not have the same thing happen to me as with the ones I have now. Which ones are gonna last me???
i actualy tend to believe that quality are lasting ability would go to hella... doesn't hella even manufacture some types of european oem lighting??? i VAGUELY remember somehting about hella, when i had an audi... maybe im mistaken but i think on the older audis some thing oem was hella..... anyone makign oem lighting could probably turn out a good LONG lasting poroduct..

Quick Reply: Fog/Driving light question- PIAA??