Notices

For B18C1 & 92-95 Civic owners

Old 04-02-2006, 10:09 PM
cvchtchbck92
Anti-Ebayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For B18C1 & 92-95 Civic owners

Alright. I'm planning on swapping this Saturday (Can't Wait). My brothers friend can supposely get me all the stuff I need for a real great deal. However, he was telling me some stuff I wasn't expecting. He was telling me about having to change the lower controling arms because of the axles:eekno: . I wasn't expecting that. I was thinking something like this

B18C 94-95 (GSR) Motor, Tranny, ECU
- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny (S80, Y80)
- ECU (P72)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Linkage
- Hasport High Horsepower upgraded motor mount kit
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
- LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30008

This is suppose to be the complete swap. For those who have done the swap before. Have you guys ever encounter any things that might of been left out of this list. Please let me know. BTW, I will keep you guys posted because he is going to be updating me. I would appreciate your guys help. I just don't want this guy to get me stuff I don't really need.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Civic2Scooby

your brothers friend is an idiot. everything you need is on the list except for fluids, 94+ integra throttle cable, 94+ integra fuel line from the fuel filter to the fuel rail, new 8mm dowl pin for the shift linkage, few other random extras........but as far as swapping out LCAs or any garbage like that, kick your bros friend in the sac.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:27 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

agreed^

theres no need to be chaning the lower control arms & what not & the axle splines will match right up without fail.

Tear it up man, we'll be here for questeions if needed.. only suggestion is search around here & read everything u can on the swap. It will help u out a lot.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:19 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

goodluck on the swap bro...and id be iffy bought ur brothers friend h:
Old 04-03-2006, 03:37 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

yea man.
i have 93 civic with 94 gsr swap
only thing i can think of , if your lower control arm is bad (bushings)..
but it's a pretty straight forward swap http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/tech/5gtech/adrian-5g.htm check out this site
also get the LSD Tranny it's worth it........
Old 04-07-2006, 05:13 PM
cvchtchbck92
Anti-Ebayer

Alright, I am going to purchase my JDM B18C1 (higher compression) tomorrow and picking it up around noon from homotorsonline. I wasn't able to get it with an LSD since I was getting a 94-95, Steve said that I can get the 96 and he will give me the OBDI harness but I will just have to change something about the distributor and the fuel connection to the fuel rail. Since this is my first swap and I really just want to keep things simple, I went without the LSD. I figured I will swap the transmission from another B-series engine later. I can do that right? (I think I read that as long as it's B-series tranny, you're fine). Well I will update you guys tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:21 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

yes u can switch out the trans later.

i think he may be talking bout switching out the dizzy, injectors, etc...to OBD1 so it works for ya... goodluck
Old 04-07-2006, 05:58 PM
b18c1_hatch

Its going to be nice. man i have a 97 motor in my hatch it was OBD2 but converted the harness to run a OBD 1 motor. I have a set of OBD 1 injectors if ya need any. Well i had a 97 motor now i have a JDM 95.

O yea before you do the swap replace the timing belt and tensinor and also the water pump. and Good luck and keep us updated
Old 04-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Originally Posted by b18c1_hatch
Its going to be nice. man i have a 97 motor in my hatch it was OBD2 but converted the harness to run a OBD 1 motor. I have a set of OBD 1 injectors if ya need any. Well i had a 97 motor now i have a JDM 95.

O yea before you do the swap replace the timing belt and tensinor and also the water pump. and Good luck and keep us updated
He should put the motor in first to see if the belt and pump even need replacing.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:11 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Omniscient
He should put the motor in first to see if the belt and pump even need replacing.
its a good idea just to do so anyways, u should be able to tell if its bad by a quick glance... not 100 percent of course lol but why make it harder for urself?

i replace the clutch, pump, etc... when i did a swap just so its done