Notices

Exhaust and Custom Piping Opinion....

Old 09-14-2002, 12:00 PM
RicerRay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust and Custom Piping Opinion....

I was given a deal from a local performance shop here for an exhaust. They were trying to sell me an OBX muffler with a silencer, from what I hear OBX is not that great, and silencers..well arent too great. But he said dont worry about getting a full cat back. He has a guy that does 2.5" aluminum custom piping for $125 (is that a deal?). I know aluminum does not rust, and who gives a **** about the stainless steel, nobody is going to see it. (My opinion) i dont really know performance wise what stain steel does. I have DC headers, and a 2.5" high flow cat. So Iam looking for a muffler(axel back) that is somewhat quiet. If not then a deep throaty sound that is not annoying. and can you give me a site that has good deals. So dont write any bull**** that wont help me..thanks...
Old 09-14-2002, 12:04 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

i have seen a lot of ****ty "custom exhaust" jobs..... the reason a company like apex'i sells a cat back exhaust that is like $400 is because it is all mandrel bent, and the extensive R&D that goes into the creation of it.. i would personaly save for a more quality proven system, but that is just me...
Old 09-14-2002, 12:24 PM
RicerRay

yeah thats true....correct me if i am wrong but mandrel bent does not have the small kinks in the turns like OEM piping does?
I'll have to ask the guy if it is mandrel bent...thanks for the input...
anymore?
Old 09-14-2002, 12:36 PM
CapYoda

OEM pippings are mandrel bent too.. the transistions in turns and curves are smooth... its just OEM pippings are small... made for your econobox.

in either case, sounds like you're looking for the Apexi WS! Those are pretty darn good for their price. its not loud, or too deep... its there when you step on it.

I want it for my 7th gen civic... but its expensive right now cuz it just came out.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:38 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

yeah, I'd say get a catback, also. That way, you can do the bolt-on install yourself and save some $$$ (some custom exhaust jobs can get expensive if weldings required)
Old 09-14-2002, 12:40 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Originally posted by CapYoda

in either case, sounds like you're looking for the Apexi WS! Those are pretty darn good for their price. its not loud, or too deep... its there when you step on it.

the ws is a GREAT exhaust system.. i have the N-1 but it is a little loud.. i would seriously consider the apex'i ws...:thumbup:
Old 09-14-2002, 01:10 PM
RicerRay

Ok...thanks alot...the cheapest i have found the WS is for 389 ....thats seems good>...no?
Old 09-14-2002, 01:15 PM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Originally posted by RicerRay
Ok...thanks alot...the cheapest i have found the WS is for 389 ....thats seems good>...no?

sounds fair, i mean you figure 120-140 for the "custom" exhaust. then whatever for the obx thing.... vs $400 for something you KNOW is quality...
Old 09-15-2002, 11:16 AM
RicerRay

How many different kinds of N1 exhausts are there? Just curious because this one here looks ****ty and is it Apexi?

http://www.rsversion.com/details.asp?ProdID=1055
Old 09-15-2002, 11:24 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

there are a lot of n-1 copies.. the real n-1 is great just real loud... this link is not a real N-1 by apex... it is a copy...

only buy from valid sources.. or you migth get burnt..

Quick Reply: Exhaust and Custom Piping Opinion....