Notices

engine swap for 2005 civic...

Old 11-29-2005, 08:28 PM
omargue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swap for 2005 civic...

im new to this forum, just wanted to say what up to all and hope someone here can help out with this question i got. i have an 05 civic LX, and im interested in doing an engine swap, i want something with good power, an EX with upgrades wasn't in my interest, im looking for something either J-spec or better than an EX motor. Im coming from an 94 civic and was gonna do the same with that, so i am familiar with the B16 and B18 motors, but will they be a direct bolt on to the 05 civic as well? i was interested in maybe a type R engine for the car. I also heard that you can swap a K20 engine in the car, i want basically something that is easiest for instalation without any big headaches. im not going to be doing the installation but i don't want to have to pay a shit load for the swap, i know the general price that im looking at for a swap plus a bunch of mods already...so the bottom line is, which motor is best to swap and will the other motors swap as well? also, since the K20 motor isn't the K20 motor the motor in the RSX type S and new civic SI? i want something more than that if possible, and im not planning on turboing (too much pressure on the motor) ok well, thanks in advance!
Old 11-29-2005, 10:13 PM
bambbrose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only powerful swaps that work in that chassis are the K series engines. k20a, k20a2, k20z1, k20z3, k24a1,2,3,4, etc..

They all work with the subframe from the donor car. Search around, many people have done this swap