Notices

thinking about selling my civic...

Old 09-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Quikstep
OG Swollen Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get a decent set of snow tires and you'll be OK for the most part. A friend who was from Buffalo once said the snow had been so bad that everyone just left their cars on the highway and walked home.

I'll defend oc_civic, he's been around a long time and he knows what he's talking about. Everyone's entitled to a sarcastic remark now and then. Like me, he probably can see that your heart is not in your Civic as much as maybe a lot of us here. But I know in the past that he has stuck up for letting people do what they wanna do to their cars and not giving them heat for it. Like he said, relax, it's a friendly board, don't take everything so seriously.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:41 PM
civicboi95

i hear raising trucks is like 2-3 grand
Old 09-04-2002, 06:56 PM
cobbcustomz

well i know to raise the back of a truck all you need is an axle flip kit and blocks. the blocks cost like $20 or something and it can easlily be done by yourself
i dont know about the front.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:26 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cobbcustomz
well i know to raise the back of a truck all you need is an axle flip kit and blocks. the blocks cost like $20 or something and it can easlily be done by yourself
I think that depends on the truck. 5 gen ex's around here in good shape go for around 6k. Sure you can buy a ****ty one for 4k, but one in good shape still go for 6 even with over 100k. I could never drive a truck everyday, but in your case it sounds more practical. It's impossible to keep a nice ride if it's driven in the snow/gravel/salt daily. You could also buy a cheap truck just for winter.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:49 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

get a $200 truck and store the civic for the winter...were only talking 3 months here.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:50 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by cobbcustomz
front is done with new control arms and tighter springs
Old 09-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My friend picked up a 94 LX with 100k mi for $800 :eh:

Actually, up there, snow might be a problem for your trusty lil Civic. Which kind of makes me wonder when I saw a Civic with a tow hook on it :shocked:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-07-2002, 03:36 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

I'd keep it. It snows like a mofo here and I drive it everyday, just get some decent tires and your Civic will be awesome in the snow. A truck will cost you a lot more anyways, yeah that lift for $20 is just a body lift, it'll ride like ****. Tires for trucks are way expensive and so is all that other stuff.

duck squad member #00003
Old 09-07-2002, 03:40 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by 94civicEX
I'd keep it. It snows like a mofo here and I drive it everyday, just get some decent tires and your Civic will be awesome in the snow. A truck will cost you a lot more anyways, yeah that lift for $20 is just a body lift, it'll ride like ****. Tires for trucks are way expensive and so is all that other stuff.
my truck was 8,000 less than my civic and tires were the same price. thanks to the fact that trucks are no longer "popular" among the kids aftermarket prices have dropped as well.

i say get like an old 4wd blazer or s10 and have some fun.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:59 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally posted by fujiwara takumi
get a $200 truck and store the civic for the winter...were only talking 3 months here.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hahahahahaahahahahha obviously SOMEONE has never been to upstate NY.... hahahah

winter here is mid october-mid april bro

my bday is oct 12, ive lived here for 4 winters and only one of them have i not had snow for a bday gift... and easter egg hunts are always inside... sucks if it snows over nite!

Quick Reply: thinking about selling my civic...