Notices

rebuilding my engine need help

Old 04-09-2005, 07:14 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oscar_425
don't go turbo.. spend all that money in a b-series engine and go N/A ... thats the best thing u can do IMO...
It may be the best thing in your opinion, but it is not at all cost effective when comparing the power gained with the money spent. N/A guys always make me laugh. :chuckles:
Old 04-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Mario

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
It may be the best thing in your opinion, but it is not at all cost effective when comparing the power gained with the money spent. N/A guys always make me laugh. :chuckles:
I was laughing this morning too... poor N/A guys. Oh... wait. :reechy:
Old 04-09-2005, 09:22 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by twinring
the best D series sohc came out of the 89-91 civic si (D16a non VTEC) it has steel main caps just like B series. all the others including the D15b have this one piece aluminum crap that flexes under normal conditions (imagine what boost would do)

I actually admire your desire to build your own engine rather than taking the easy way around. I think that in the end you will gain more appreciation and useful experience of the end product than just swapping some used engine into your car and slapping a turbo on it. of course this method isnt all bad.

I currently have 3 completely dissasembled engines (B16a,B18c,B20b) in my garage and just this alone has givien me knowledge that I wouldnt have ever gained reading some forum.

If I were you, Id try to find a better base. sohc or dohc. and its extremely important to buy a HELMS MANUAL for that engine if you dont already own one.
Well said. I gained theoretical knowledge from reading and consulting the forums, but doing it yourself is undoubtedly the best way to learn it. A secondary motor to tinker with is very helpful.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:43 PM
twinring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
Well said. I gained theoretical knowledge from reading and consulting the forums, but doing it yourself is undoubtedly the best way to learn it. A secondary motor to tinker with is very helpful.
Thanks!