Notices

Battery Stabilizer

Old 03-29-2005, 07:16 AM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry that is cheap. I added 2 grounds to my engine and replaced all the stock ones with 4 guage and it works fine. It cost ME a whopping $20. That was like 10 guage wire. If you were to just replace the stock grounds you will be happy.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Civic2Scooby

douche bag vs turd sandwhich in my opinion.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
douche bag vs turd sandwhich in my opinion.
what do you mean?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Illegal B16
what do you mean?
South Park reference....he wanted to know which one was better, but in the end all you are doing is comparing two pretty worthless things.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:40 AM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

I was under the impression that grounding your fuel rail extra would help with electronic static and help with a smoother acceleration. A better ground over the stock ones at least cant hurt. I will post a pic of my engine bay soon.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Illegal B16
I was under the impression that grounding your fuel rail extra would help with electronic static and help with a smoother acceleration. A better ground over the stock ones at least cant hurt. I will post a pic of my engine bay soon.
as posted above, if you have shitty grounds than replace the ground with a new peice of wire and a better ground. These kit things are rediculous, and the HP gains they claim are less then realistic.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
as posted above, if you have shitty grounds than replace the ground with a new peice of wire and a better ground. These kit things are rediculous, and the HP gains they claim are less then realistic.
Agreed thats why i did my own.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Relic1
Teal Hatch Cult Member

I apologize for not posting a more intelligent answer. Unless your car is known to have grounding issues, grounding kits are a load of crap, replacing your factory grounds will give you the same or even better results.
I read a review that a mag did a while back when grounding kits first started to come out... they dyno’d a car before and after, they noted a 2hp decrease with the grounding kit. After moving the wires around they got a 1hp increase but it took 6 different attempts to get it to not decrease power.

Based on the size of the box I'd guess it's around 1/2F, hardly enough to make much of a noticeable difference. Going with a 1F or even 2F then you may be able to notice a difference. But again it's not worth it unless you run a battery relocation or a super small battery.

Originally Posted by Kai
The wire will still ground through the bolt.
the reason I pointed this out is because a ground has to be secure, metal to metal contact. With the rubber grommet in there it can wiggle/turn and cause intermittent contact which will induce noise. It probably will not cause any problems when everything is new, but give it 6 months.

Illegal B16 - grounding the fuel rail can help, but it may not.
I've been doing some checking since I've been working on several different cars lately, and I measured as much as 15ohms between the ground terminal and the rail on a friend's stock EX, but I also measured .1ohms on mine and a beat-up DX.
It really does come down to the quality of the factory grounds, I'm pretty sure that if I would have slightly turned the nuts that mount the rail on the EX, it would have dropped the resistance... but it can't hurt to add a wire just in case.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:44 PM
VtecRacer

i'm not particularly looking at HP gains, how about improving fuel economy, smoother ride, idle?
Old 03-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by VtecRacer
i'm not particularly looking at HP gains, how about improving fuel economy, smoother ride, idle?
The point is exactly the same. You don't need more ground wires, they'll do nothing but add more weight.