Notices

Throttle Body/Intake Question

Old 03-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Temporary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body/Intake Question

I bought a BBK 70mm Throttle body for my 99 Civic SI. What kind of intake would i buy to fit with this, because i wouldn't want to buy a normal aftermarket CAI because the piping would be too small.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You could work with the Type R intake since it is wider than the GSR intake but the only thing you should be concerned with is the rubber thing that connects the intake to the throttle body. You may need to custom fabricate on of those out of silicon from a home improvement store.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:57 PM
robert f thomas

somewhare I saw this contraption. It was made from carbon fiber. Out front there was a big bladder shaped collector. It necked down into a wine sack neck and then back out into another kidney bean chamber. The 2nd cell was shaped down to the big TB. My guess is the mid - venturi coupled the 2 chambers to defeat air starvation??
It really looked like Marylin's figure. Come to think of it - could it be the return of the "paisley" style? Even as an Army brat I was allowed to wear paisley ties. I even had one paisley shirt. Am I spelling paisley correct? Am I speccing perectly kite? HAha.
Goat's bladder intake. A bladder intake. Yeah. A breathing intake. A DOUBLE DOG'S LUNG INTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Temporary

hahahaha, i just realized i posted this in the pre-'92 forum. Sorry about that. Thanks guys for your input. Anyway i can get a Mod to transfer this to the Civic/Del Sol/EL forum?? or would it be easier for me to repost it?? Sorry for any inconvenience.

Also, if i used a Type R Aftermarket intake, would the bends be the same?? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I just got into the Civic area, don't know too much yet about these cars yet. I used to have an Accord.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

that tb is really too big unless you're boosting or planning to make lots of NA power.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:58 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

moved...
Old 03-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

The throttle body isnt to big. Which kind did you get and does it have the C.A.S. on it already....if not you need a lot of help.

The type-r intake will work, I always use the next size up from what i have and my head is a b16a2 also. I have a 68mm throttle body with a skunk-2 intake manifold and the AEM type-r intake.

The only prob besides your crank angle sensor, and prob your radiator line, is that your stock intake manifold is smaller, so the best thing to do is a port matching before instal.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:54 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robert f thomas
somewhare I saw this contraption. It was made from carbon fiber. Out front there was a big bladder shaped collector. It necked down into a wine sack neck and then back out into another kidney bean chamber. The 2nd cell was shaped down to the big TB. My guess is the mid - venturi coupled the 2 chambers to defeat air starvation??
It really looked like Marylin's figure. Come to think of it - could it be the return of the "paisley" style? Even as an Army brat I was allowed to wear paisley ties. I even had one paisley shirt. Am I spelling paisley correct? Am I speccing perectly kite? HAha.
Goat's bladder intake. A bladder intake. Yeah. A breathing intake. A DOUBLE DOG'S LUNG INTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any idea as to WTF this guy just said?
Old 03-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by monicle
Anyone have any idea as to WTF this guy just said?
every post he makes is like that. i just dont bother reading them. :chuckles:
Old 03-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Temporary

Originally Posted by Illegal B16
The throttle body isnt to big. Which kind did you get and does it have the C.A.S. on it already....if not you need a lot of help.

The type-r intake will work, I always use the next size up from what i have and my head is a b16a2 also. I have a 68mm throttle body with a skunk-2 intake manifold and the AEM type-r intake.

The only prob besides your crank angle sensor, and prob your radiator line, is that your stock intake manifold is smaller, so the best thing to do is a port matching before instal.
Shouldn't i make sure the throttle body already has the Throttle Positioning Sensor on it? Not the Crank Angle Sensor.

Also i do have a Skunk2 Intake Manifold. Isn't that only 68mm thought? I should probably still get them port matched.

And just wondering... what did you mean by "and prob your radiator line"?