Notices

teenager's first car

Old 03-14-2005, 05:01 AM
Wharbone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd get the 2005 ex 4dr in magnesium metallic if I were in your shoes.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:38 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm still telling you, for your first car i'd get an american jalopy... fan of them or not it's cheaper in the long run if you crack the damned thing up, it doesnt quite matter what goes wrong with it becuase it's a temporary car anyway so you dont have to worry about fixing everything that's wrong with it, just drive it into the ground then buy a better car once you are ready for it
Old 03-14-2005, 04:16 PM
HiG4s

I just took our 98 Civic in to get the timing belt replaced,, they gave me a 2004 Civic for a loaner. I like the 98 WAY better. More power, better interior, more comfortable. I have to recommend the 96 to 00 version.

And better yet,, find a 96 to 00 Integra.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Mulak

i also have another question civic... umm... for modifcations like cd player, woofers, body kit and etc.. what would be the first cheapest thing you would do first and work your way down to the list?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:08 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

It sounds like you want a daily driver primary street car. If so, get a new one. You'll love the hatch body for the utility. Try fitting a christmas tree or furnature in a coupe or sedan. New cars also tend to be safer because of newer technology.

If you want to mod your car, then start considering older cars.

If you want autocross, then consider the EF civics (88-91) and talk to CivicSiRacer.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally Posted by DRfrank
i'm still telling you, for your first car i'd get an american jalopy... fan of them or not it's cheaper in the long run if you crack the damned thing up, it doesnt quite matter what goes wrong with it becuase it's a temporary car anyway so you dont have to worry about fixing everything that's wrong with it, just drive it into the ground then buy a better car once you are ready for it
There is merit to this suggestion. Or a used Camry or something like that where you're not gonna care if it gets beat up.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:20 PM
delsoldude

First you need a car before you look into those things, then do some research before you make a final purchase.

I say get the New RSX Type-S it has 210hp 2.0 ltr, 6 speed I want one so bad. Or a 96-01 teggy, Or a 01 Civic Si, or 91 Rex Si. I like my Hondas, too bad I only have one

Or if money is no object NSX
Old 03-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

1st car? Buy a DSM. Cheap as dirt these days, and they make for much more dramatic and exciting accidents. You can buy 1g cars all day long for under $1,000.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:39 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

I can't beleive some of you guys are suggesting cars to him based on performance aspirations, yet the guy is a total newb to cars (no offense intended). the last thing he needs to be doing is testing his limits. He should be getting to know traffic flow and more basic functions first.

I'd suggest a sedan because the insurance is cheaper, and its easier to get in and out of in parkinglots :db: if you can find a lower milage (60-80k) 98-00 civic, I'd say jump on that. The new ones are great, too, if you can afford them. The 01-03 civics are more modest in appearence, verses the more aggresive designs for the 04-05 civics.

my first car was a '93 geo metro 5spd 3 cylinder h: but it got great gas milage
Old 03-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Mulak

thanks 18secFerio for backing me up there... plus i aint offend by it based on the newbie remark because its true obviously lol ... 18secFerio was right about the performance that i was not really looking a lot on that... i'm looking at a daily life car, not a teenager's view on creating an import style car... maybe in the future i dont know but chances are slim...Also I was leading more toward a sedan but did not know that each civic have a different insurance, thanks for bringiing that up. so more reasons for picking a sedan than a coupe...

i think that is all i have to said now for a good reply

Mulak