Notices

d16 SOHC non VTEC to b16 DOHC VTEC swap

Old 12-25-2004, 05:46 PM
moggle20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d16 SOHC non VTEC to b16 DOHC VTEC swap

Hi all, Well I'm an english guy on here and I notice that most of the posts are from people with hondas in the U.S. I am currently trying to gather together info to do an engine swap on my Rover 216. If any of you don't know, the rover 216 is basically a Rover version of honda's concerto and shares the same engine. The 216 I have is currently fitted with a SOHC D16A engine, non VTEc with an OBD0 ECU. I have Just bought a 1991 B16A1 VTEC engine in hope of doing a swap but I have had a nasty shock when noticing the differences! What transmission do I need in order to use this engine in my car? Are the splines on the D series and B Series diff the same or will I also have to start modding driveshafts (axles)? If i fit a B series transmission, will my speedometer function the same as it did with the D series box, or not? any help would be greatly appreciated. i think i may have bitten off more than i can chew so far, but I'm on the case to make this work, I've heard its been done, but sadly I haven't had any luck talking to anyone who has yet. thanks in anticipation, cheers
Old 12-26-2004, 01:23 AM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get a tranny for a B16A1, go to Hmotorsonline.com, and look for one.